Product Marketing Director at Care.com
Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We also support employers and their employees with our suite of B2B products and services that gives them flexibility and choice to manage their family caregiving needs (childcare, senior care, pet care, and more). That way, employees can focus on managing the demands of work and stay productive.The Role:
The B2B Marketing team is in search of a Product Marketing Director who is data-driven, hands-on, and highly experienced. The ideal candidate thrives in a startup-type environment where curiosity and creativity fuel ambition through big bold bets. This role is about envisioning new categories, developing unique and durable value propositions, and bringing these to life through thought leadership and technical product marketing. From strategy through to execution, this role is a hardcore collaborator with key stakeholders across Product, Engineering, Insights, Growth and Customer Marketing, BI/Analytics, and Sales.What You’ll Do:
- Develop a deep understanding of [email protected]’s partners via research, user insights, and competitive analysis including a comparison guide for use in positioning against like offerings from key competitors
- Reviews competitor and customer insight data (demographics, purchasing history/transaction records, surveys, social media data, site visit logs, product reviews, responses to advertisements, web product content/positioning) and shares innovative ways to differentiate [email protected]
- Establish a go-to-market vision and strategy to grow revenue by converting sales and increasing product feature adoption/utilization while influencing product roadmap with key opportunities. This includes developing guidelines/direction around the target audience, positioning/messaging (value propositions), pricing, and promotions.
- Develop product positioning recommendations via an audience-centric marketing approach, ensuring that messaging and content are centered around partner buying needs and provide direction for product positioning, value propositions and messaging that resonates with partners
- Provide direction for market segmentation and targeting to define the market opportunities; work with product management leaders to build business cases for growing market presence or entering new markets
- Drive product go-to-market brand and marketing strategy, working with internal Marketing and Creative teams and external agencies to develop key assets including brand identity, videos, websites, sales decks, and more
- Develop internal and external communication strategies that involve strategic partners and collaborate closely with product, sales leaders, sales enablement, and sales operations to produce sales enablement plans for the product portfolio
- The central point of contact for all product go-to-market inquiries across functions serving as market-facing subject matter expert (SME) for the product portfolio at industry events or assisting in preparation sales for thought leadership speaking events
- Drafts product marketing strategy and ensures alignment with [email protected]’s overall business strategy and brand objectives; socializes marketing strategy with other marketing leaders and associates.
- 10+ years of product marketing experience in a B2B organization
- Examples of communicating strategically valuable and complex recommendations to senior leaders
- Ability to conduct market, competitor, and customer research to gather insights and assess market opportunities
- Ability to build value propositions and messaging strategies (an expert storyteller with a solutions-based approach)
- Ability to develop strategies for creating pipeline for new offerings as well as upsell, cross-sell and growth opportunities
- Ability to analyze information collected from win/loss interviews and pipeline behavior (conversion rates and velocity) to detect breakdowns in the marketing and sales process
- Ability to link product launches to organizational campaign themes and goals
- Critical thinker with strong writing, communication, presentation development and delivery skills
- Executive presence and ability to influence cross-functional partners
For a list of our Perks + Benefits, click here!
Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Care.com is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation, please reach out to [email protected]Company Overview:
Available in more than 20 countries, Care.com is the world's leading platform for finding and managing high-quality family care. Care.com is designed to meet the evolving needs of today's families and caregivers, offering everything from household tax and payroll services and customized corporate benefits packages covering the care needs of working families, to innovating new ways for caregivers to be paid and obtain professional benefits. Since 2007, families have relied on Care.com's industry-leading products—from child and elder care to pet care and home care. Care.com is an IAC company (NASDAQ: IAC).