Product Marketing Manager- APIs at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
Under the direction of the Sr. Manager, Product Marketing, the Product Marketing Manager will drive adoption of our products, drive cross-functional efforts to launch new products and drive market share, and influence product and business development decisions to meet the needs of our customers. The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator and time manager with experience in an ecommerce and/or SaaS startup environment.What You’ll Do:
- Serve as a key expert on the ecommerce customers, building an understanding of their needs and the purchase decision process
- Monitor and document technology trends, ecosystem developments, and competitive moves that influence customer needs
- Edit, write, and produce compelling messaging and positioning for internal and external audiences, to be used across multiple touch points, including our website, PR / comms, and sales
- Be a go-to-market expert: work with the marketing team (including PR, comms, partner, acquisition, and customer engagement) to develop messaging for cross-channel campaigns to drive successful adoption of the platform and the features associated with the platform, and ultimately drive up revenue and NPS
- Use your understanding of the competition and ecosystem, coupled with an understanding of our product, to influence product and business development decisions
- Demonstrate skill at preparing business cases and gaining cross-functional alignment in order to help build and grow new products / services that help BigCommerce dominate the ecommerce industry. Prior experience in a strategic function would be a plus here, but also requires an aptitude in diving into project management and execution as well
- 5+ years of related experience, ideally 2+ years of business-to-business product marketing experience
- Direct experience in the ecommerce space, either as an entrepreneur, an e-commerce manager within a retailer, or a vendor to online retailers is a big plus
- Experience with cloud-based software solutions required
- Experience with highly-extensible or API-driven platforms required
- Engineering degree or similar preferred, but not required
- MBA degree or equivalent experience preferred, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, information systems or related field preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office / Google Apps (Gmail, Docs, Spreadsheets, Presentations)
- Experience in related e-commerce categories (e.g. shipping, payments, web design) and the corresponding customer needs is a plus
- Strategic Thinker - Comfortable absorbing information from many external and internal sources and distilling it into actionable insights and recommendations for the business
- Technically Savvy - You pick up on technical things quickly, enjoy learning new skills, and are comfortable collaborating with and influencing product management and engineering teams
- Comfortable Around Higher Management - You deal comfortably with all levels of leadership, including executives, can present without undue tension and nervousness, and can determine the best way to get things done with them by talking their language and responding to their needs.
- Composed - You know how to remain collected in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out responsibilities with minimal direction.
- Customer Focused - You have a passion for solving real customer needs with technology and talking to them directly as well as through empathetic marketing messaging
- Personable - You are seen as positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Driven - You manage projects on time in an ever-changing environment and steadfastly push yourself.
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.