Product Marketing Manager - Arts & Cultural at Blackbaud
Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
As a Product Marketing Manager in Arts and Cultural Solutions at Blackbaud, your mission is to drive growth and engagement with our customers (and potential customers), while working cross-organizationally to prioritize the product features demanded by our market. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, and knows how to balance "thinking big" with "getting stuff done."
Primarily responsible for developing and executing the Go-To-Market strategy of a solution within a broader portfolio, the Product Marketing Manager will rationalize the market definition, value proposition, buyer profiles, packaging and offers, and sales enablement tools that ensure increased market share and customer retention.
Key responsibilities include:
Develop and Drive the “Go to Market” strategy:
- Size and define market segments, understand the competitive dynamics of targeting, positioning, pricing, packaging and differentiation.
- Leverage deep understanding of key market segments strategies and the needs of our customers to establish a winning position within the competitive landscape.
- Create, monitor and maintain packaging and influence pricing decisions.
- Translate the common product positioning framework into actionable plans with measurable results, and quickly acquire a thorough understanding of nonprofit buyers and operational challenges.
- Design and create consistent sales toolkits to increase win rate.
- Oversee content management of sales collateral – and ensure effectiveness and consistency in messaging, and assessing the types of effective collateral.
- Partner with Sales Enablement and Customer Success for front line sales and customer communications - partner across sales, solutions engineers, and marketing in ensuring effective communications that drive results.
- Leverage value proposition in developing content for: product differentiation presentations, competitor information, needs analysis, case studies, web content, and ROI benefits
Empower internal stakeholders; influence external nonprofit decision makers, partners, and thought leaders.
- Ensure that the organization is effectively equipped and collaboratively educated on our strategy to enable full achievement of revenue goals.
- Collaborate with other PMK teams, as well as Demand Generation, Partner Marketing, and Digital Marketing teams to design and deliver lead generation initiatives across multiple vehicles: SEM, content marketing, tradeshows, seminars, webinars, calling campaigns, marketing automation programs, etc.
- Develop a keen understanding of the competition, buyer needs, industry influencers and decision makers while possessing the ability to effectively communicate and publicly represent the vertical/company and our products
Experience and Skills
- 5-10 years of software Product Marketing experience
- Experience and a track record of driving adoption, growth and results for an established product
- BS/BA required, MBA advantageous
- Strong problem solving, analytical and mental acuity
- Business savvy with proven ability to develop, promote, and execute a business plan
- Exceptional ability to write and create product content; able to write quickly and concisely for non-technical audiences; writing samples required
- Proven influencing skills with top executives, working cross-functionally and with clients/prospects
- Self-starter, creative thinker, excellent listener and communicator
- Strong affinity for sales team success, prior sales experience a plus
- Proven marketplace relationship building skills with industry influencers, pivotal clients
- Proven record of thriving in fast-paced and matrixed environment preferred
- Experienced with salesforce.com or similar CRM, web conferencing tools, expert-level proficiency with MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Prior experience working with nonprofit software or services providers and/or experience working for or volunteering with a nonprofit or nonprofit board is a plus
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks as well as a new cutting-edge new headquarters completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.