Product Marketing Manager, Cloudflare Workers
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!About the department
As a Product Marketing Manager for Cloudflare Workers, you will work with colleagues on the Workers Platform, Storage, Tooling, and Developer Advocacy teams to bring new products, features, and developer experience improvements to market.
About the Role
Application development was completely transformed by the shift from on-premise to the cloud. No longer did a developer have to maintain their own hardware. But there’s still plenty of overhead involved in the software development process. The OS remains the responsibility of the developer: managing instances and clusters. What if, instead, developers could simply write code — and that code would be deployed all around the world, close to end users, so that it was incredibly performant?
That’s the vision for Cloudflare Workers — to bring the best of serverless and edge computing together, allowing developers to focus on what they do best: write code.
Cloudflare Workers is our powerful serverless development platform that allows developers to augment existing applications or create entirely new ones without configuring or maintaining infrastructure.
Teams across the Workers Ecosystem move fast, and you will plan and execute on both large and small go-to-markets for launches across the Workers ecosystem. You understand that traditional tactics like whitepapers, webinars, and PPC might not work for developer audiences. You will find and experiment with new tactics, channels, and content or put a new spin on traditional ones to make launches successful.
What You'll Do
- Acquire deep customer knowledge by partnering with internal stakeholders - such as product management, engineering, and design - and engaging directly with customers for insights and message validation.
- Plan and execute go-to-markets targeting our developer audience for launches small and large.
- Work closely with Developer Advocacy to develop relevant content, test new tactics, and find new ways of publicizing existing content.
- Work with demand generation, expansion, community and marketing operations to build out new ways of continuously driving Workers awareness and adoption outside of launches. (e.g. customer newsletter and other touchpoints).
Examples Of Desirable Skills, Knowledge And Experience
The ideal candidate for this role is comfortable in a fast paced environment and exhibits technical curiosity, empathy for problems facing developers, and a willingness to experiment.
- Demonstrated technical curiosity. You’ve learned how to program, built a hackathon project, obtained a CS degree, or worked as a software engineer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You’re comfortable writing a tweet, an email to all Workers users, a blog post, event collateral, web page copy, or internal and external presentations.
- Excellent listening and empathy skills. Customers and colleagues have lots of great ideas to pull from and you should be practiced at listening, understanding, synthesizing, and incorporating ideas from all around you.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and navigate unforeseen obstacles gracefully. The exciting part about new products is that there isn’t set a set plan and you’re comfortable making the best out of any situation.
- Experience in Product, Product Marketing, or a Customer Facing Engineering role. You have experience with go-to-markets from either the planning or execution part of the process, and you’re interested in working hands on to make Cloudfare Workers a success!
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.