Product Marketing Manager, Education at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB University has helped millions of learners around the world build their knowledge and advance their skills on modern databases, for free. We create great MongoDB user experiences by providing outstanding learning opportunities. Individuals, startups, and enterprise organizations alike use MongoDB University (MDBU) to train their teams. We are engineers with a passion for learning and are looking for a product marketing manager to help deliver on our mission to empower developers on the MongoDB platform through education, programs, and community.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you'll help learners all over the world discover MongoDB training through various initiatives. You'll create compelling GTM strategies to drive usage and awareness of MDBU within businesses and collaborate cross-functionally across product, marketing and sales to ensure success. From market research, use cases, value propositions, segment messages and go-to-market strategy for new feature releases, you will help shape the voice for the product. This is a rare combination of product and digital marketing wrapped into one role.Who you’re committed to being
- Manage and execute strategic marketing decisions that drive increased engagement
- A self-starter. You like to understand the expected outcome, get the context, and then work entrepreneurially to get it done
- Comfortable managing and executing the strategic product marketing plans to drive revenue
- A collaborator that will bring people and teams together to meet objectives
- Execute the strategic product marketing plans and sales materials to drive user acquisition, engagement and retention.
- Conduct ongoing market research to inform our segmentation, positioning, and messaging
- Develop and build strong internal and external relationships with key stakeholders in an effort to collaborate and drive results
- Partner with the product management team to develop the product roadmap and lead GTM activities for new features and content tailored to the self-serve audience
- Collaborate with marketing and product teams to find amazing customer stories and turn those into compelling content pieces
- Represent MongoDB Education to external stakeholders (customers, conferences, etc.) through social media, interviews, webinars, etc.
- Developing go-to-market plans and strategies that generate business impact
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Presenting information clearly and comfortably
- Working in a rapidly-changing environment
- Analyzing data and structuring information
- Storytelling in a way that creates clarity and drives action
- Working collaboratively within teams and across functions
- Comfortable with technical topics related to databases and programming
- 5+ years of experience in product marketing
- 3+ years of experience with SaaS products
- Experience developing marketing plans to launch new products or features
- Experience developing business recommendations using qualitative and quantitative insights
- Preferred: direct experience with SaaS education/learning products
- Preferred: Experience with SEO and paid marketing
This role can be based in one of our offices or remotely in the US.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a
supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a
generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step
of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us
make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our
application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.