The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) And MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build outstanding apps that people use every day. We are the top tier modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
This Market Intelligence role blends an understanding of key customer requirements, market trends, and technology innovations to analyze how different data management technologies attempt to satisfy them.
You will be responsible for researching and then crafting competitive and market analysis that demonstrates the value of MongoDB products and services to mobile and IoT developers and to senior decision makers, supporting MongoDB account teams and partners in the sales cycle. This analysis is also crucial in helping us craft our product strategy and roadmap, and to advise product positioning and messaging. We are looking for someone to work closely with the product team to play a key part in crafting how we go to market.
You’ll be a core part of an upbeat and globally distributed team that reports to the Director of Market Intelligence. As a member of the team, you will have ongoing opportunities to help develop thought leadership and driven differentiation that broadens your understanding of app development and data management, and builds your experience in the fastest growing sector of the technology industry. You’ll work in partnership with product management and product marketing teams in all of this work.Responsibilities
- Research and Develop – Analyze customer requirements, the mobile, IoT, and cloud market landscape, and driven offerings to identify key points of MongoDB Atlas and Realm differentiation, working with technical functions for driven tear-downs. You will infuse this analysis into product messaging and positioning, and into product planning
- Content – Develop a range of collateral that fully articulates the value of MongoDB Atlas and Realm, translating technical capabilities into messages and positioning that resonate with diverse audiences – from mobile and application developers through to senior technology and business decision makers
- Sales enablement – Train our internal sales team and partners on mobile, IoT, and cloud market dynamics and competitors, enabling them to qualify opportunities and influence required capabilities
- External audiences – Engage directly with customers in support of sales cycles. Assist in RFP/RFI responses where needed. Drive awareness and desire of MongoDB by presenting at industry conferences, and assuming the role of spokesperson to the press and analyst communities
- Define – Share market intelligence with our Product Management, Engineering, and Executive leadership teams to help drive product strategy
- Responsive – track competitive trends, ensuring MongoDB Realm and Atlas is appropriately positioned in the marketplace. Rapidly develop responses to competitive announcements and breaking market news
- Return on Investment– Evaluate the Return on Investment of content and develop plans for continuous improvement and refinement
- Company revenue performance against goals
- Content efficiency (sales adoption and win/loss metrics, SEO authority, page views, product registrations and downloads)
- Adoption across the company in field enablement materials and in product planning cycles
- We require a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in technology product marketing or management roles that included competitive analysis, though other roles and significant experience will be considered
- Proficient understanding of app development, as well as foundational knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases. Development of APIs will also be highly useful
- While you don’t need to be an active practitioner in application development (though that is an advantage), you do need strong technical and commercial acumen, with the ability to modulate content to speak to different internal and external audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the confidence to lead with a point of view and producing stellar writing materials
- Shown success in positioning industry-leading products and services, with the creative and analytical horsepower to do so
- BA/BS degree preferred, but shown experience is equally considered
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.