Product Marketing Manager
To be successful in the Product Marketing Manager role at Spredfast, you are a balance of analytical and creative. You thrive on the combination of understanding the competitive landscape, assessing pipeline and revenue trends, defining TAM, evaluating pricing models, collaborating with product management AND creating sticky value propositions, simplifying the complex, and delivering inspiring presentations.
You are a confident front of room presenter and can effectively synthesize information into what matters most to your audience. You’re also comfortable working at the pace and with the ambiguity that comes with a fast paced, innovative market. Ultimately, you’re a driven, tenacious, self-starter that is able to deliver high quality marketing and sales enablement material quickly and efficiently.
- Quickly become the resident expert on Spredfast buyer personas, Social KPIs, industry trends and the messages and hooks that drive pipeline and revenue
- Quickly become the subject matter expert on the Spredfast platform, our competitors, keeping current on new ideas, developments and trends.
- Conduct business, market and competitive analysis with support of the product marketing team
- Present marketing strategy recommendations to Marketing leadership team on quarterly basis based on business analysis
- Refine and recommend appropriate pricing plans
- Develop and enhance product positioning and messaging and effectively communicate value propositions to equip sales with training
- Develop the sales tools necessary to support the sales process, such as sales presentations, competitive briefs, FAQs, etc.
- Quarterback product marketing launches, partnering with Revenue Marketing, Customer Marketing, Brand Communication and Creative teams on the execution of campaigns
- Identify different use cases of our evolving product capabilities, craft messaging articulating these use cases for customers, prospective customers, and internal teams.
- Collaborate successfully with product management, marketing and sales teams to plan and execute the launch of new products, product features and service offerings
- Interact with sales, customer success and customers on a regular basis to continuously vet messaging and positioning and refine as needed
- Provide ideas/input back to Product Management to help continuously improve product and keep the company informed about customer feedback and data gathered in the field
- Will include some travel
- You will report to Vice President of Product Marketing
- Liberal Arts or Communications Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years professional experience in Marketing Communications, ideally 1-2 years in Product Marketing
- Prior experience in B2B marketing and SaaS preferred
- Agency, brand or other marketing experience desirable, but not required. However, ability to ramp quickly to gain expertise in this space is essential
- Contagious enthusiasm about social media
- Creative problem solver with a track record of navigating ambiguity to get to practical solutions
- Extremely self-motivated - can take a concept or idea and run with it
- Very strong written communication and presentation skills (writing samples will be required as part of the interview process, as well as an assigned presentation to give an interview committee for finalist candidates)
- Adept at Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Salesforce
- Excellent people, management and cross-functional leadership skills to interact with colleagues and cross-functional teams
- Attention to detail and organization is paramount
- Proven track record of delivering to schedule and to results
The Perks at Spredfast
- An incredible work environment – fun, casual, fast-paced environment with endless ping pong
- A #freesponsibility work culture that values #awesomeness and #teamswork
- Swank offices in the heart of downtown Austin
- Health, dental, vision, disability, and 401K benefits
- Flexible paid time off
- Fresh, healthy lunches catered four days a week
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
Spredfast is a social software company and platform, headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in New York City, London, Hamburg, and Sydney, that seeks to connect every company in the world with the people that they care about the most. Spredfast’s “Smart Social” software enables companies to manage, integrate, and amplify social content across any digital touch point. With global reach, Spredfast customers have managed more than one billion social connections across 84 countries. Today, Spredfast helps more than fifty percent of Interbrand’s 2015 World’s Best Brands to create first-class social experiences.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Spredfast, Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Spredfast via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Spredfast. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Spredfast as a result of the referral or through other means.
Notice to Applicants:
We reserve the right to research relevant facts about you which are public on social media platforms or other sources over the Internet. We will retain such data only as long as reasonably needed.