Product Marketing Manager
Product Marketing Manager
Do you like to roll up your sleeves and get into the nitty gritty of customer research? How about using that research to develop a marketing plan? Can you argue data points with a product manager AND jump into the trenches with a sales team, sometimes in the same day? Write a little copy here and there? We’ve got a job for you. OutboundEngine, the leading done-for-you marketing automation platform for small businesses, is looking for a Product Marketing Manager to refine our current GTM strategies and develop new ones as we launch new products and expand into new markets.
Founded in 2012, OutboundEngine automates email and social media marketing for small businesses by combining a simple, easy-to-use SaaS platform with professionally written and beautifully designed content. Over 10,000 customers use OutboundEngine to deliver compelling campaigns in less time, so they can focus on serving their customers, and their customers get valuable content that they’re excited to engage with.
This is an individual contributor role, reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing, that will require significant cross-functional collaboration and will play a critical role in our growth plan. Our company and team culture is relaxed but results-oriented. We’re proud of our ability to move fast, get things done, and still keep the atmosphere light and fun. This role isn’t for someone who’s satisfied with the status quo--you’ll be expected to proactively identify opportunities to improve our team’s performance and pursue them relentlessly.
What You’ll Do
- Develop in-depth customer personas driven by market research and user interviews
- Tell the OutboundEngine story: work with engineering, UX, and product management teams to understand why product features matter to our customers and craft compelling messaging that converts
- Own successful execution of GTM efforts for new product/vertical launches
- Monitor the competitive landscape and deliver regular competitive intelligence updates to sales, support and other departments
- Develop and maintain collateral to enable sales and support teams
- Surface product opportunities and challenges, influence product strategy, research and content
What’s In It For You
- A job where you can take ownership of your work and feel free to be yourself
- The opportunity to feel good about helping SMBs win
- Competitive compensation with 401(k)
- 100% paid employee health insurance, plus dental, vision and life insurance
- Generous paid time off, plus the last two weeks of the year off
- Fun, energetic and casual downtown office loaded with snacks and drinks
- Paid downtown parking or monthly metro pass
What We’re Looking For
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field. MBA is a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience product marketing or product management, with a preference for B2C or B2B SMB experience
- 1+ years of experience partnering with a sales or support team
- Experience working with a high-velocity product team: you should thrive in a rapidly changing environment with regular releases to support
- Portfolio of successful, cross-functional GTM plans for technology products
- Track record of consistent engagement with customers and the market to understand how products are performing and changes to customer needs and the competitive landscape
- A problem solver: you apply logic, creativity and persistence to find solutions
- A strong communicator: you combine words and visuals to tell a compelling story
- You have strong project management skills, are able to manage expectations, and can work cross-functionally to deliver projects within scope and budget
- You are detail-oriented and process-driven and rely on data to make decisions
- Positive attitude and flexibility to meet the ever-changing needs of a fast-growing startup
* To apply, send a resume with a cover letter telling us about the last product launch you were involved in, including why it was successful and what you’d do differently next time.