Product Marketing Manager
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the department
Marketing builds awareness, drives acquisition, and expands usage by developing innovative, breakthrough campaigns that are delivered through multiple channels, including our website, blog, emails, social media, events, and advertising. Product Marketing plays a central role by partnering throughout the company to deliver customer insights, take new and existing products to market, and develop content that fuels growth campaigns.
What you'll do
Cloudflare is looking for an experienced product marketer to oversee the launch of new product innovations. This is a high-impact, results-oriented role, where you will work directly with Sales, Product Management, and Marketing to take new products to market and develop messaging and campaigns that drive acquisition and expansion. You will collaborate with a large, cross-functional stakeholder group throughout the product lifecycle.
Successful candidates will have a passion for helping to build a better Internet by enabling better performance and security of Internet properties. You will have a drive to understand customer needs, dig into product details, and elevate our messaging to deliver solution-oriented, breakthrough initiatives. You will enjoy this role if you like working with fast-paced teams and having the autonomy to drive your initiatives.
This role is a part of our global Product Marketing team which includes Content Marketing, Developer Relations, and Community Development. This role will work closely with our Product Strategy teams in Austin and San Francisco.
- Build the Cloudflare brand by developing category thought leadership programs.
- Acquire deep customer knowledge through market research, customer interviews and segmentation analysis.
- Create and execute go-to-market strategies to drive product awareness, adoption, and pipeline.
- Develop customer messaging that proves Cloudflare’s differentiation in the market.
- Develop and execute integrated marketing campaigns to drive demand for products and solutions.
- Partner with Product Management and be the voice of the product.
- Create the internal and external facing content to enable our Sales team to effectively position and sell Cloudflare’s new emerging services.
- Partner with our Analyst Relations team to establish Cloudflare as a thought leader.
- Successfully launch new products and services to customers and partners.
- Limited travel will be required to Cloudflare offices and events.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 5+ years of experience in product marketing.
- B2C experience is a plus, but not required.
- Deep technical skills and ability to understand many of the complexities and challenges of the Internet.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively influence both internal and external stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and navigate unforeseen obstacles gracefully.
- Deep curiosity, excellent listening skills, empathy, and ability to get things done in a collaborative team environment.
- A passion for Cloudflare’s mission and the success of our customers, partners, and community.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.