Product Marketing Manager at Sana
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:14 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, June 30, 2020
Our health system is broken, and it’s a huge problem. Costs are rising out of control while the patient experience gets worse. At Sana, we're passionate about fixing this problem by bringing accessible and affordable health plans to small and medium businesses. We've built an innovative team with top talent from across the health insurance and tech industries to create engaging, modern plans for our clients. This allows our customers to offer competitive benefits packages while paying an average of 20% less than traditional plans.
Sana is in search of a Product Marketing Manager to help build its Marketing dream team from the ground up. The role will work with our Demand Generation function to accelerate growth in all phases of the Marketing & Sales funnel by mapping our customer journeys and developing content that addresses the needs of each stage. The right candidate will have several years of experience in B2B marketing, have built great relationships with both Product and Sales teams, love mapping customer journeys and creating compelling content. You will have no trepidation about calling customers and prospects to get the feedback you need to fully understand those journeys and the content needed to serve them. You love winning, have a positive attitude, and motivate those around you to do their best work.
The position is mostly remote, though some in-office work will be required.
What you will do
- Create and hone product positioning and messaging derived from your research with prospects, customers, Sales, and Operations, as well as competitive research. user research, market insights, and product understanding. Bridge the gap between Product and Marketing by turning industry-speak and jargon into language that is immediately understandable to our prospects and customers and which resonates with them.
- Own the production of Sana’s Marketing and Sales content. Create a strategy for our content needs each quarter and for the fulfillment of those pieces. Fulfillment will often be accomplished by producing them yourself (you should like to write), but will also include managing production by internal stakeholders and outside contractors.
- Develop a strong rapport with the Sales team, and deliver the assets they need to increase conversion rates at each stage of the Sales funnel.
- Work with the rest of Marketing to develop customer lifecycle marketing campaigns, a content calendar, and go to market strategies.
- Define the metrics that should be used to measure your value added, and work with BI to develop reports that show those metrics.
- Be the point person for competitive analysis. Understand where Sana stands in the competitive landscape, which strengths we should focus on currently in our Sales & Marketing efforts and which weaknesses we should prioritize with Product and Operations for improvement.
- You have 4+ years of experience in B2B Marketing roles, preferably within startups/smaller Marketing teams. You will wear many hats.
- You love to write and are great at it. You have samples of blog posts, case studies, etc. that prove it.
- You like talking to other people inside and outside the company. You have worked extensively with teams outside of Marketing to gather the requirements for the content you spearhead. You like picking prospects’ and customers’ brains about how they think about their problems, our products, and everything in between. You are energized by making presentations.
- You’re a great communicator. First and foremost, this requires you to be a great active listener. Second, you are gifted at communicating complex ideas with succinct phrasing in both oral and written communications.
- You are analytical. You can take apart business problems piece by piece to understand where to start looking for answers.
- You’re a great teammate, both with other Marketing team members, and just as importantly with Sales (who will be your ultimate customer). You have a demonstrated history of working well with Sales teams.
- You are invigorated by, rather than anxious about, being the first person to do something at your company. Sana is a startup, and the Marketing team is in its early days. For the foreseeable future, you will spend much more time creating than optimizing.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options in rapidly scaling startup
- Flexible vacation
- Medical, dental, and vision Insurance
- 401(k) and HSA plans
- Parental leave
- Remote worker stipend
- Wellness program
- Opportunity for career growth
- Dynamic start-up environment
Sana is a modern health plan solution for small and medium businesses. We use a more efficient financing structure and integrated technology solutions to cut out wasteful spending and get members access to better quality care at lower cost. Founded in 2017, we are an experienced team of engineers, designers and health system operators. We have the financial backing of Silicon Valley venture firms and innovative reinsurance partners. If you are excited about building something new and being a part of fixing our broken healthcare system from the inside, please reach out!
Read Full Job Description