Product Marketing Writer
Datical is a fast-paced startup providing disruptive technology in the rapidly growing DevOps market. We’re not your typical startup; our management team comes with a history of successful startups: Phurnace, Build Forge, Gazzang, Bazaarvoice, Motive, Relativity and more. We’re well funded by Austin Ventures, Mercury Ventures, and S3. With more than 250% growth in 2016, it’s no wonder we were recognized as a “Cool Vendor” by Gartner! And, our growing list of Fortune 500 customers means we’re looking for the best and brightest minds to join our team and be a part of the next big opportunity in Austin!
As a seasoned writer, editor and content marketing manager, you’ll be responsible for writing, planning and executing a content strategy informed by broader marketing and product launch campaigns. The ideal candidate will have the ability to turn technical concepts into relatable and relevant content that satisfies our audience’s need to better understand what we do, why it matters and how it works.
You will need to understand Datical’s different personas and how to communicate to them effectively. You’ll work closely with our product and marketing team to create, edit and publish varying types of content for different audiences, including: technical position papers, eBooks, solution briefs, case-studies, blogs posts, social content and web copy.
The ideal candidate for this position takes the initiative required to produce results, with an eye for high-quality content that can be turned out quickly. Using both your creative and analytical skills, you will have to balance strategizing with the tactical to get the job done the right way.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop, write and edit content distributed across the web, social and email to reach targeted audiences
- Collaborate with our product management and marketing team members
- Keep up with the latest trends in DevOps, Cloud and application development to inform and write timely thought leadership content
- Ensure content adheres to Datical’s voice and tone
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of experience writing for business to business (B2B) software companies, with a portfolio of white papers, solution briefs, eBooks, blogs, social content, web copy and other content you’ve written and/or collaborated on
- Strong project and peer management skills, with the ability to own and drive content campaigns and projects from start to finish
- Experience working in a fast-paced work environment that requires multitasking on a variety of different projects
- BA or BS in journalism, English or related field and experience with AP style a plus
- Experience and familiarity with DevOps and database technologies is a plus
- Self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative software start-up environment