BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin for seven years running, is looking for a Public Relations (PR) Manager to join our world-class marketing organization. In this role, you will be responsible for scaling BigCommerce’s PR program in EMEA as we grow our presence in new European countries, as well as supporting other corporate PR efforts. Our Public Relations Manager will work closely with our internal PR team and agency partners to drive media coverage highlighting BigCommerce, as well as our partners and customers.
As Public Relations Manager, you will play a key role in our mission to build the most creative, fun and collaborative communications team in the business. If you are looking for an environment where you can do the most fulfilling work of your career arm in arm with exceptionally talented colleagues, we want to hear from you!What you’ll do:
Execute PR campaigns that generate high-impact press coverage in region
- Build and nurture relationships with top press across business, tech, consumer, and trade media in countries of focus (UK, Italy, France, Netherlands and more)
- Own development of PR materials, including announcements, messaging, pitches, press kits, etc.
- Support PR lead and assist with management of multiple agency partners to drive steady cadence of positive coverage in priority publications
- Partner with customer reference and account management teams to identify media opportunities within our customer base
- Identify and draft award submissions and develop media presentations
- Recommend speaking opportunities and create speaker proposals
Develop PR strategies in partnership with Comms. leadership and local marketing peers to support regional brand awareness, demand and adoption of BigCommerce
- Monitor and understand competitive landscape and positioning
- Conceive and deliver unique storylines that favorably position BigCommerce, its leadership and customers relative to competitors
- Develop and execute on scrappy, guerilla-style events & campaigns that drive press and/or social activity
- Assist with day-to-day management of PR agency partners, including communicating priorities, reviewing agency-produced work and managing deadlines
- Work closely with Sr. PR lead and executives to develop materials for press briefings, including development of messaging and presentations
- Monitor news on a daily basis, sharing point of view with various teams at BigCommerce
- Track and improve qualitative as well as quantitative results over time
- Measure and track ongoing health of PR programs based on agreed upon metrics and KPIs on a monthly basis
- Collaborate with Communications & Marketing colleagues to create an integrated PR strategy in support of regional and corporate business goals
- Own PR activities for cross-functional, integrated marketing campaigns, such as product launches and major events, to maximize business impact
- Understand the role of PR in the broader communications and marketing function and how it contributes to the marketing funnel
- Be creative! All BigCommerce employees are encouraged (and expected) to THINK BIG every day
- Experienced Communications Professional - 5+ years related work experience in a public relations role, with at least 1+ year experience doing PR in-house. Tech and/or B2B software experience is strongly preferred but not required.
- EMEA Focused - You are familiar with the business and media landscape in the UK and Europe, and are interested in working closely with the regional GM and marketing leadership to further establish our program in the UK and to build it elsewhere in EMEA.
- Action Oriented - You have a passion for getting things done, carry out responsibilities with minimal direction, enjoy working hard and get out of bed looking to tackle new challenges and opportunities. You can work well both remotely and in-person, and have no concerns about working with teams across multiple countries.
- Detail-Oriented Planner - You pay attention to even the smallest details, know how to accurately scope out the length and difficulty of tasks and projects, anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks, and understand how to manage complex projects against aggressive timelines.
- Effective Prioritizer - You can marshal the resources you need to get things done, simultaneously manage multiple priorities and/or projects, and deliver key milestones on time. You value time and use it effectively and efficiently, quickly zeroing in on the critically important items, putting the trivial aside, and sensing what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal.
- Collaborative Influencer - You approach cross-functional collaboration with a positive attitude, have demonstrated success working cross-functionally with internal stakeholders and third-party vendors and are able to skillfully negotiate wins while maintaining strong relationships.