Public Relations Specialist
Vrbo is seeking a PR specialist to manage campaigns and generate coverage in the US and Canada. This person must have exceptional project management skills, the ability to collaborate with various teams, a hands-on approach, a proven track record of producing results, and a true knowledge of how newsrooms work. This position is based in Austin, the company’s headquarter city, and reports to a US PR manager.What You'll Do:
- Manage consumer facing global and domestic PR campaigns with an expectation of growing YoY coverage to meet agreed upon targets
- Grow consumer media presence in Canada by creating and maintaining relationships with a roster of media contacts
- Manage media inquiries and craft company responses for issues management cases
- Identify compelling stories and turn them into coverage
- Support data pulls and analysis to drive media coverage in the US and beyond
- 3+ years of PR experience; journalism background and/or hospitality and travel services industry PR experience a plus
- Superior written and verbal communication skills in English; expert in AP style; Spanish a plus
- Bachelor's degree - Journalism, Public Relations, Communications or English a plus
- Proven track record securing media coverage across a variety of top-tier consumer, travel, business, tech and industry trade media-national and regional, broadcast, print and online
- Experience telling stories for a global tech and/or travel company a plus
- Strong background in crisis communications and issues management
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance in a fast-paced environment
- Experience collaborating with other teams to accomplish stated goals
- Tenacious, inquisitive nature, creative and nimble, diplomatic and a strategic thinker
- Driver of PR strategies to ensure consistency in messaging across multiple markets
- Master of gathering information on a wide variety of topics from multiple sources to swiftly and accurately craft concise and clear messaging
- Knack for graphic design and video editing, and knowledge of basic tools such as Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Canva, iMovie and/or Final Cut
- Proven ability to handle sensitive and complex issues with discretion
- Fast learner who can quickly get up to speed on the vacation rental category
- Experience identifying and using data to drive/support storytelling with demonstrated results
- Brings an “A” list of current, relevant media contacts to tap for Vrbo coverage
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work and to provide them with tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.About Vrbo
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.