Self Financial, Inc. helps consumers establish and build credit history. We are a venture-backed, financial services startup based in Austin, TX. At Self, our mission is to help millions of people build credit and save money on their journey toward financial security.
There are about 100 million people in the US who have low credit scores or who have no access to credit at all. Sadly, there aren’t many options for these people. Most banks aren’t doing anything material to change the situation because it’s not profitable for them to do so. Bad credit or no credit history can be barriers to renting an apartment or getting certain jobs, let alone buying a car or house. And if you can get a loan with a low credit score, you’re very likely to pay a lot more in interest over the life of that loan.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by giving people accessible and affordable tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can most benefit from them.
We're looking for people who share a passion for our mission and relate to why we do what we do. At Self, we want to work with people who are driven to tackle challenges, bring unique perspectives, find solutions and help make the financial space a better place for our consumers. We recognize that it takes different people and personalities to make our products – and our company – truly great. We only seek the best.
If you are someone who is equally passionate as we are, we want to chat with you.
About the Role:
As part of the performance marketing team, the Retention Marketing Associate will primarily be responsible for developing and executing retention campaigns and automated programs to improve engagement and conversions.
You will drive the day-to-day campaign execution and optimization for our retention channels (Email, Push, SMS) and be responsible for supporting product origination and retention goals, for all core products. You will constantly be analyzing campaign data to drive increases in KPI’s through a test and iterate approach. You will help strategize new programs and be responsible for campaign/program creation (including template build, design and content curation, testing, audience building and performance analysis.)
As part of a fast-growing, yet lean, venture-backed financial technology startup, you will need to be able to make decisions quickly while learning from others on your team. You will report to the Retention Marketing Manager and work closely with others in marketing, product, and analytics.
- B.S. or M.S. degree and 1-3 years experience in retention marketing, primarily email and push
- Experience with email and push platforms (Braze is a plus, but includes Responsys, Exact Target, Urban Airship, etc)
- Experience in A/B testing to drive KPI improvement
- Some experience with consumer journey mapping, segmentation, and persona building
- Basic HTML knowledge
- Analytical/Data driven mindset (SQL knowledge is a plus!)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Organization, planning, and prioritization skills are a must
- Help with planning and execution of retention campaigns and programs within or marketing automation system (Braze)
- Grow customer engagement across both mobile app and web, via retention channels; email, push and SMS. Optimize and improve channel metrics.
- Produce and deploy multi-channel marketing campaigns to engage, retain and convert users, including; building and managing user segments, content and creative, QA’ing programs and audiences
- Identify actionable opportunities and best practices to improve campaign performance through A/B testing and analysis
- Build/code responsive email templates (an email templating program is used, but basic HTML knowledge is required)
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues related to HTML templates, list segmentation, and other aspects of campaign execution.
- Collaborate with internal teams to inform campaign strategy. Comfortable with content creation and design for more ad-hoc campaigns.
- Identify fluctuations in performance across campaigns and assess and execute tactics to rightsize issues in KPIs
- Report on performance to key marketing and company stakeholders
- Continually leverage new tools and industry best practices
Our compensation and benefits are competitive, but there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many startups cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. Over 64 million adults in the U.S. do not have a credit score due to a lack of credit history. Self is solving this problem with innovative technology and partnerships.
Our perks include:
- Competitive Pay
- Stock options
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Enjoy our vacation policy – there is no policy, balance matters
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Plenty of snacks and drinks provided
- Casual dress code
- Catered company lunches on Mondays and Wednesdays
- Team happy hours and events
- Downtown Austin office space
How we act with each other is how we act with our customers. We are direct, transparent and respectful, and we hope you embrace that approach.
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.