Retention Marketing Manager at Self Financial
At Self Lender, our mission is to help millions of people establish and build credit - especially those who are considered underserved or credit invisible. This is a rare chance to join a successful, venture backed startup based in Austin.
Developing a successful fintech company requires deep collaboration across our teams, dedication, and truly disrupting the way the industry thinks about things. Our team is passionate about empowering people to take control of their credit and challenging the status quo of accessing and building credit. Understanding our consumers is core to our growth in the years to come.
How we act with each other is how we act with our customers. We are direct, transparent and respectful, and we hope you embrace that approach.
About the Role:
We are looking for a growth oriented retention marketing manager to join our marketing team. Working with the Director of User Acquisition and Retention, and the broader marketing, product, analytics, and engineering teams, the Retention Marketing Manager will develop and drive retention marketing strategies to increase engagement with our customers, improve conversion and reduce churn to increase consumer LTV. You will gain a deep understanding of our audience, and identify the pain points and needs that our consumers have in their credit building/financial journey.
- Utilize Braze (a Growth Marketing Automation Platform) to develop and evolve retention marketing programs across Email, Push, SMS, in-app and Web notifications to drive increased conversion, engagement and consumer LTV
- Develop and create assets to use for each communication channel with web-based email and creative building tools
- Identify actionable opportunities and best practices to improve campaign performance through A/B testing and analysis
- Always looking for the next communication touchpoint or opportunity to better engage with our customers to improve conversion and retention rates
- Become the in-house expert on Braze and our consumer data
- Focus on data/CRM management, query our customer database, and work with our data teams to enable clean, effective segmentation and communication
- Monitor the health of the marketing database (deliverability, unsub rates)
- Establish reporting for communication of campaign effectiveness to key stakeholders
- B.S. or M.S. degree and 3-5 years experience in retention marketing, primarily email and push
- Experience with email and push platforms (Braze is a plus, but includes Responsys, Exact Target, Urban Airship, etc)
- Experience in A/B testing to drive KPI improvement
- Experience in consumer journey mapping, segmentation, and persona building
- Analytical/Data driven mindset (SQL knowledge is a plus!)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Organization, planning, and prioritization skills are a must
Our compensation and benefits are competitive, but there's one thing that Self Lender can offer that many startups cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. Over 64 million adults in the U.S. do not have a credit score due to a lack of credit history. Self Lender is solving this problem with innovative technology and partnerships.
- Highly Competitive Pay
- Free drinks & snacks
- Free lunch on Mondays and Wednesdays
- Health Insurance