Senior Communications Manager
You have a passion for story-telling and the drive to help define an emerging industry. You want to collaborate with people who creatively solve problems and make decisions with conviction. You’re comfortable with being uncomfortable, and you thrive in an environment based on continual improvement. You aren’t afraid to try new things and make mistakes. If this sounds like you, we want you on our team!
Yonder is a fast-growing information integrity company on a mission to bring authenticity to the Internet. We use artificial intelligence and machine learning to help brands identify the groups that drive online conversations. Our technology unlocks the hidden map of the Internet.
We're looking for a Senior Communications Manager with 5 or more years of experience in marketing or communications. In this role, you will be based out of our Austin office and will report to our phenomenal Head of Marketing.
What You’ll Do:
As Senior Communications Manager, you’ll help cement our category in target markets through engaging language and stories of our targeted problems, our customers, and our brand value. You’ll be a creative thought partner and help our go-to-market strategy with your uncanny ability to find the right angle.
In your first few weeks on the job, you’ll work on home page messaging, planning a press launch, and crafting our first customer stories. We know you’ve been successful within your first 6-12 months when we see our new category in the press’s vernacular, an influencer strategy in place and performing against goals, and a content strategy and calendar in place with effectiveness we can measure.
What You Have:
- 5+ years in marketing or communications
- Familiarity with Google analytics, marketing automation, CMS, PR tracking (e.g. Trendkite), and SEO analytics
- Ability to translate the brand messaging into a thoughtful narrative that comes to life through non-standard campaigns and programs
- Experience testing, crafting and honing brand messaging and translating it into strategic campaigns that align with target audiences and company goals
- Experience crafting thought-leadership campaigns designed to excite the internal team and influence the market
- Ability to get to know and build strong partnerships with customers, using their stories and their platform to communicate our value
- Strong grasp on how to drive a creative PR strategy that secures key coverage, from the development of goals and key messages to PR team management to analysis of results
- Ability to use metrics to convey communications strategy to leadership, to report on effectiveness per channel, and to suggest improvements
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail under tight timelines
- Passion and ability to handle writing some key assets and communications
What You’ll Get:
- Purpose-driven work
- Market-leading salary and equity compensation
- Coverage under best in class, flexible medical, vision and dental plans
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to 4% of salary and immediate vesting
- Unlimited vacation that you’re encouraged to take, including paid parental leave
- Stocked kitchen full of healthy snacks and drinks
- Weekly catered lunch
- Free parking near our downtown office
- Free membership to onsite gym
- Annual budget to purchase books and educational subscriptions
- Monthly social events
- Many more benefits … apply to find out!