Senior Content Marketing Manager at Shopgate
The Senior Content Marketing Manager is a strategic role designed to lead and implement Shopgate’s global content strategy. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining global content strategies that align with and provide traction to meet Shopgate’s company goals. In the first 6 months to a year of this role, you will be an individual contributor as well as a strategic leader - Shopgate is looking for team members that are ready to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to help the company succeed! This role owns all things content at Shopgate - from the website, to blogs, white papers, emails, social media and the overarching implementation strategy of these mediums. You will work directly with the Global VP of Marketing and collaborate daily with the globally-distributed marketing team.
What you’ll do on a daily basis:
- Define and create content marketing strategies and plans based on company-wide goals that support and extend marketing initiatives.
- Understand the customer’s buying journey and evaluate how we can better leverage content to move prospects deeper into the funnel.
- Build an effective, scalable and efficient content marketing engine, including deploying mission critical tools, processes and systems.
- Help marketing and partner teams determine high-value audience segments by enhancing persona and cohort definitions, drive content planning aimed at these audiences.
- Create and drive high-quality production of content, including website copy, outbound email messaging, blog posts, customer case studies, thought leadership white papers, etc.
- Work with the Global VP of Marketing to create and maintain a content calendar that aligns with internal and external stakeholders, working closely with sales and product, as well as strategic business partnerships.
- Work with digital and SEO teams to implement strategies that improve keyword rankings, drive web traffic and deliver leads.
- Track and analyze content performance and marketing funnel growth against departmental and company goals to iterate on and advance the global content strategy, including analyzing web metrics and dashboards with an emphasis on driving Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs) for the business.
- Provide leadership to develop innovative content strategies, track and optimize content performance, review others’ work and train others in development of powerful content.
The right fit:
- 5+ years of professional experience in a comparable position, preferably in e-commerce or retail technology
- Degree in Marketing, PR, Journalism, Communications or a related field
- Proven success in the design and implementation of content strategy campaigns, including buyer personas and content journey maps
- Collaborative approach and ability to iterate based on analytics and input from sales, product and partner teams
- Detail oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- Nice to have: Experience with Salesforce, sales pipeline methods, marketing automation software (we use ActiveCampaign), video and ebook creation
The job is right for you if:
- You are a storyteller, creative and collaborative strategist that excels in the player and coach role
- You want the opportunity to play a key role in shaping Shopgate’s global marketing strategy and writing your own success story
- You desire flat hierarchies and meritocracy which give you the opportunity in an exciting international environment to develop yourself quickly, both personally and professionally
- You want a work environment in which personal responsibility and team spirit complement each other and which is characterized by open communication
- You excel in a remote-friendly environment including flexible working hours, unlimited PTO policy, full healthcare benefits coverage, 401k program, plus more perks!
** Shopgate has offices in Germany and Austin, TX. This role is US based and a Texas location is preferred but remote/work from home candidates will also be considered