Senior Content Marketing Manager at Khoros
Khoros is looking for a seni or content marketing manager to help build and deliver on our content marketing strategy. The ideal candidate is a gifted writer and editor who follows industry trends and who understands the B2B customer journey. Developing and promoting content that maps to business objectives and builds demand in the market is key for success in this role; this person is a nimble strategist who cares about metrics and has a track record of crafting stories that create and accelerate sales opportunities. Brand voice and reputation efforts are championed through a variety of deliverables including technical whitepapers, blog posts, emails, paid media and landing pages. We're looking for a strong mix of strategist, editor, and writer who can conceptualize big ideas and translate them into multi-dimensional content maintained in a consistent brand voice.
Reporting to the Director of Brand, the right candidate feels just as comfortable collaborating on content strategy for websites and pieces of content as they will researching, writing, and editing a long-form whitepaper. Our ideal candidate also possesses stellar project management skills and a positive get-it-done attitude to work most successfully with our cross-functional teams. You'll strive to author custom branded content and continue to evangelize our brand voice, to set our content - and therefore our company - apart.
- Develop and execute against the content strategy for Khoros and related editorial calendar
- Oversee all moving pieces of content from ideation, to production, to distribution
- Partner with designers, freelancers, and external stakeholders on content production
- Support development and communication of content marketing strategy as it relates to business goals and Demand Gen Programs
- Serve as editor-in-chief of marketing and communication materials, advising on voice and story - department- and business-wide as needed
- Lead and/or contribute to content strategy, UX + wireframe exercises, and copywriting efforts for website projects as they arise
- Contribute to the definition and maintenance of the Khoros brand voice
- Develop creative content and campaign materials for maximum use across channels - from long-form whitepapers to short-form blog posts and collateral, and everything in between
- Identify thought leadership stories and generate content that supports specific brand positioning and campaign efforts
- Lead content project management efforts to make sure the execution of content is delivered in a timely fashion
- Manage the content repository to ensure ease of access and maximum use of materials by the company
- Collaborate closely with the marketing communications, revenue marketing, and creative teams to ensure the production of materials and that content is effectively delivered to the market through appropriate channels
- Regularly assess and prioritize the enhancement, editing, and potential reformatting of existing content
- Collaborate with other Marketers to define project scope (Demand Gen, Product Marketing, Digital Ops and Design teams.)
- Partner with our external agencies for work on SEO and organic channel optimization
- Consistently measure, track, and report on the performance of content and use those insights to drive future content planning decisions
- 7-10 years of work experience in marketing, journalism, or communications, ideally working for a technology company or agency
- Excellent writing, editing, storytelling, collaboration and brainstorming skills
- Experience working with various digital storytelling formats and can demonstrate the ability to take complex topics and communicate them effectively (text, video, podcast, slideshows, email)
- Exemplary editing and proofreading skills, with knowledge of AP style
- Prior experience working with integrated marketing and creative campaigns preferred
- People management experience a plus
- Stellar research skills and the ability to familiarize yourself with new topics and industries quickly
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail
- Big idea person with the ability to both lead creative ideation and translate ideas into marketing content and materials - you're equal parts thinker and "doer"
- Strategic thinker with a passion for digital customer engagement, digital marketing, and brand development
The role is budgeted between $120K - $140K base salary range with a 15% Bonus. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications. Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience - talk with your TA to learn more.