Senior Digital Marketing Manager at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Role:
The Customer Growth Team is looking for a Senior Digital Marketing Manager to play a pivotal role in our customer and account-based marketing strategy. You will own paid media spend targeted at our install base of customers, with the business objective of increasing account expansion through upsell and cross-sell. We need to use digital marketing to drive the buying lifecycle amongst our existing customer contacts as well as generating new contacts to deepen relationships within our accounts. You will have autonomy to define the strategy across digital channels (including retargeting/account targeting in display, social, search, and other new/creative tactics at your disposal) in support of campaign goals that you share with partners. These partners include others on the Customer Growth team as well as PMM, Sales, and Marketing Operations.
Successful candidates are focused on outcomes. You have designed and driven global digital marketing programs with demonstrable pipeline/revenue impact. You get things done with high attention-to-detail, flexibility/creativity, and energy, while also bringing a strategic perspective and excellent ability to create and communicate a vision.
This role is a part of our cross-functional Customer Growth team, which owns retention and expansion marketing activities for our existing customers. This a fast growing team addressing a strategic area for the company, so this is a great opportunity to play a role shaping this business unit.
- Strategy: Create a paid media strategy to achieve ABM goals that will scale as the business grows. Understand and influence the design of lead flow, pipeline generation, and marketing automation that will maximize the impact of your campaigns. Work in close partnership with Sales and Marketing Ops teams on a technical stack and vendors that return results.
- Execution: Execute and optimize digital marketing spend against your strategy for expansion ABM (1:many, 1:few). Set and manage budget across channels to maximize ROI and hit your goals. Constantly learn and test new tactics to help the team grow.
- Measure and Report: Utilize attribution tools to measure efficacy of your campaigns. Analyze performance data, including CRM account data, to improve performance. Communicate these outcomes and recommendations in a data oriented, persuasive manner.
- Work experience: BS/BA degree and at least 8+ years of experience running paid media campaigns in B2B (ideally to technical buyers), with demonstrable success leveraging retargeting and account targeting. Experience with high velocity campaign personalization a plus.
- Data and Results Oriented: Excellent ability to analyze data and derive data insights for improvement. Focused on revenue, conversion, and business goals. Able to effectively communicate ROI across the organization.
- Core Competencies: Self motivated and able to work autonomously. Able to manage competing priorities and adapt quickly to rapidly changing environments. You can marry high-level creativity and out-of-the-box-thinking with a very detail oriented, hands-on style.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.