The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
As Senior Director, Content Marketing you will own the strategic vision and execution of MongoDB’s company-wide content marketing. Partnering with talented writers, designers and marketers, you will develop a world-class, multi-channel, and multi-format content strategy that builds the MongoDB brand, engages new and existing customers, and drives conversion. As Senior Director, Content Marketing, you will champion original, fresh content ideas and drive creative thinking across the marketing organization. Join the company that has been named one of the best places to work by Crain’s New York, Glassdoor, and Forbes.
This position will report into the VP, WW Brand, Content and DesignResponsibilities
- Lead content strategy – Lead the content strategy for MongoDB, defining the content team’s objectives and goals within the larger marketing organization and business. You will craft and own the team’s roadmap and budget to meet objectives and maximize effectiveness
- Be an audience expert– Act as an expert in understanding what works for the MongoDB community, making sure that the content we develop has the greatest impact and resonance with target audiences
- Drive creative thinking- Blend effectiveness and creativity in order to create best-in-class B2B content that incites engagement and grows our audiences. Act as a creative champion for new, interesting content ideas
- Internal strategic partner – Partner with our product, brand, design & sales teams to make sure our narrative is cohesive, inspiring, and delivered consistently across every touchpoint. Ensure content development aligns with funnel-building objectives for each target segment
- Operationalize content — Develop and execute on a broad vision to transform content development, in partnership with relevant departments, into a globally agile and collaborative network across the company
- Optimize towards objectives— Leverage data, reporting and analytical insights to set goals, test, measure success, and continually refine our content mix and strategy toward better engagement and conversion
- Build a high-performing team – You are a strong coach and mentor with a track record of building, driving, and managing a high performing team of content strategists and writers
- Manage agency partners- Manage the execution of our content engine with internal and external content teams, media partners, and freelancers
- 10+ years related experience in Content Marketing or related field
- 5+ years demonstrated experience managing a team—having scoped roles, sourced and recruited, and honed a motivating management style
- Proven work experience managing content strategy globally with an insights-led approach and results to back it up
- Validated experience in key growth channels: video (long form, short form), digital, podcasts, op-eds, news, understanding of optimizing content for SEO
- Experience directly managing department objectives and budget
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a cross-functional team and willingness to take on responsibilities outside primary job description when necessary
- Prior experience working in technology
- Familiarity with developer and IT Decision Maker audiences
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.