Senior Director, Digital Marketing at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2019 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a world-class Director of Digital Marketing with a history of winning in B2B SaaS across SMBs, mid-market, and enterprise segments. We are seeking an experienced, hands-on, strategic digital marketing leader to develop and guide our growing digital marketing function. You must have a proven track record of consistently exceeding your goals in driving net new MRR and customer growth.
At BigCommerce, you’ll have the opportunity to positively influence the trajectory of a billion dollar company in a trillion dollar industry. Powering billions in sales for more than 50,000 clients in 65 countries, BigCommerce is focused on empowering businesses of all sizes to sell more, sell faster, and sell everywhere.
The Senior Director of Digital Marketing is business-critical, strategic role leading global digital strategy and responsible for driving integrated digital strategies across segments and regions. You will lead a team of digital specialists responsible for driving all paid digital marketing channels, including SEM, display, programmatic, paid social, and affiliate marketing. You will lead the innovation and evolution of our digital strategy, working closely with business stakeholders and senior leadership to implement digital programs that align to acquisition and growth goals. This role currently manages a team of five internal digital marketing professionals, plus management of external digital agency and vendor resources.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and drive execution of multi-channel, cross-segment digital marketing strategies and programs that enable predictive spend and positive ROAS, meeting or exceeding digital revenue and LTV:CAC targets
- Oversee digital customer acquisition strategy and programs globally, including: paid search, display, programmatic advertising, paid social and affiliate marketing.
- Lead a team to create and manage campaigns and related budgets for all digital advertising platforms, these include, but are not limited to Adwords, Google Display Network, Bing, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Determine, implement and manage appropriate digital tech stack and analytics tools to maximize digital performance, enable full funnel analysis and align investment decisions with MRR.
- Accurately forecast digital channel performance and manage global digital marketing budget.
- Lead, inspire, manage, and mentor team of digital marketing direct reports to maximize performance and high-functioning team
- Cultivate an environment of teamwork, openness, creativity, and continuous digital innovation. You and your team must be forward thinking and always testing new opportunities.
- Coordinate with SEO and Content managers to optimize SEM, SEO, and content strategies.
- Collaborate closely with key business stakeholders across business functions, including Web, CRO, Demand Generation, Product, Customer Marketing and Sales to execute cross-functional initiatives in support of company and BU objectives.
- Work with campaign and business owners to refine audience targeting strategies and creative testing frameworks to improve response and ROAS.
- Work closely with web and CRO teams to identify and drive web, landing page and additional digital optimizations to improve digital conversion rates
Who You Are
- Technical and Experienced Digital Marketing Leader
- Digital strategist and innovator with proven track record of creating and implementing integrated, multi-channel digital strategies proven to meet or exceed revenue growth goals
- Digital marketing leader with a minimum of 12+ years relevant experience of hands-on digital marketing and e-commerce experience, preferably for B2B SaaS or ecommerce, across a variety of channels including SEM, affiliates, display, and paid social with budgets over $5M.
- Experience with B2B marketing SaaS solutions to small, mid-sized, and enterprise level businesses
- Experience and proven ability to skillfully and confidently grow digital function to support company revenue and growth goals.
- Experience creating multi-channel, multi-touch attribution models and leveraging that data to improve channel performance.
- Extensive experience with digital media planning and buying including use of programmatic buying, direct buying through Google Adwords, Bing, Google Display, Facebook, and other display networks.
- Experience with Account Based Marketing digital strategy and tactics
- Deep experience managing 3rd-party digital marketing execution platforms, agencies and content management providers
- Leader - You are a proven leader with 8+ years people management experience and functional leadership with a strong desire and understanding of how to develop people in a supportive, accountable environment and inspire them to give 100% effort and perform at levels higher than they imagined they could achieve. You have experience managing and developing a high-performing, highly-skilled, positive, results-oriented team, including innovating and evolving digital tactics, tools and execution, to include identifying the latest digital trends and methodologies.
- Driven Achiever - You possess strong analytical and quantitative analysis skills, have a passion for data driven decision making, thrive on challenges, and have a proven history of successfully, consistently leading teams to achieve targets and objectives, within a complex client acquisition driven business
- Strategist - You have perspective and can see and discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future, recognize what can/should be done now to affect future performance, and see and understand the challenges between the current and the ideal situation.
- Customer Focused - You have a passion for service and satisfaction, are dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers, gets first-hand information and use it for improvements in products and services, act with customers in mind, and establish and maintain effective relationships with customers, gaining their trust and respect.
- Problem Solver - You can see hidden problems and probe a variety of sources for answers, are excellent at analysis, able to look beyond the obvious, and can identify and creatively solve complex problems, including matters related to systems and processes.
- Systems Thinker - You are dedicated to providing high quality services, committed to continuous improvement through empowerment and management by data, willing and able to re-engineer processes from scratch, open to suggestions and experimentation, and efficient and effective work processes.
- Process and Project Manager - You can readily design practices, processes, and procedures, know what to measure and how to measure it, can organize people and activities, and are good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done. Lean/Agile experience and JIRA is a plus.
- Master Communicator - Excellent written/verbal communication and customer relationship skills are critical.
- Collaborative - You have demonstrated success working cross-functionally in matrixed organizations and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners such across Marketing, Product, Engineering, and Sales. You are a strong and seasoned digital leader, with strong cross-functional relationship management and communications skills, both experienced and comfortable with frequent executive level communication.
- Composed - You know how to remain collected in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out responsibilities with minimal direction.
- Personable - You are seen as positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Technical Learner - You pick up on technical things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and knowledge, and are adept at staying ahead of the curve on relevant industry, company, product, or technical knowledge.
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Business, Math, Accounting, Finance, or similar field.
- History of Winning
- B2B SaaS
- Priority & Goal Setting
- Process Oriented
- Crossing the Finish Line
- Technically Savvy
- Executing Plans
- Attention to Detail
- Collaborative with Cross-Functional Teams
- Proactively Communicative
- Desire to Learn & Test
- Hungry & Self-Directed
- Forward Thinking
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.