Senior Global Traveler Product Marketing Manager
The Senior Global Traveler Product Marketing Manager is responsible for leading go-to-market strategy and execution for global product launches at Vrbo. This critical role will partner across the organization to drive business objectives by crafting and communicating product positioning, messaging and customer narratives to improve engagement, conversion and the customer experience. You will develop a deep understanding of Vrbo’s customers and market, work closely with the UX team on content and design, ensure internal and external readiness and connect key product and marketing priorities.
You are a great teammate with a versatile, mindful style that creates trust, develops credibility, and elevates morale. Demonstrating marketing, ecommerce and travel industry expertise as well as personal attributes such as good judgment, business insight, attention to detail, objectivity and accountability are keys to being successful in this role. Due to the entrepreneurial and dynamic nature of our business, we are looking for team members who can operate successfully at a strategic level but who are equally comfortable at a detailed execution level.
What You'll Do:
- Define go-to-market strategies by product launch, globally and locally
- Ensure go-to-market strategy fits in overall customer journey planning and orchestrating stories across quarters and years
- Own and update go-to-market playbook for launches as product releases and marketing channels evolve
- Develop and create product positioning and one voice/ master content documentation for every launch that supports the entire company through product and policy launches
- Partner with marketing and update/leverage product marketing briefs when planning for external communications as part of a launch
- Review and provide feedback on training and marketing materials provided to support launch
- Provide feedback and input into product development process to ensure product aligns with positioning and messages
- Serve as the hub to all GTM activities, locally and globally; partner with program on go-to-market and readiness activities across the entire organization
- Support other teams as they prepare functional specific content for launches
- Broadcast GTM activities widely across company on a weekly basis and via quarterly plans
Post launch adoption
- Partner with product, marketing, CS, Sales, and product marketing advocacy team to drive adoption of key products and features
- Partner with analytics to set up tests and provide reporting on adoption initiatives and testing outcomes
- Champion property manager needs and concerns across teams to influence the product roadmap, policy decisions, and business strategy
Who You Are:
- 7+ years internet, ecommerce experience, preferably in an international or global capacity
- 5+ years of product marketing experience, preferably B2C
- Experience collaborating with Sales and Customer Support teams to become a customer expert and advocate
- Experience in the travel industry preferred
- Ability proof of working in close partnership and developing strong relationships marketing and product management teams
- Experience merchandizing product features leading to quick adoption and lasting usage
- Validated success of increasing product market share through well-executed marketing
- Experience successfully working in a global, matrixed organization
- Successful delivery of go-to-market activities
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- MBA preferred
Definition of success:
- Strong relationships built throughout the organization
- Effective go to market strategy in place and applied in all major launches and on key existing products
- Smooth and coordinated product launch process across all regions with adaptations for local requirements, maximizing feature adoption and minimizing customer contact rates
- Excellent working relationship with product management, marketing, customer experience, and sales teams
- Measurable improvements in customer satisfaction
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on VRBO.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of VRBO and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.