Senior Growth Marketing Analyst at Self Financial
Self Financial is a venture-backed, high-growth FinTech company with a mission to increase economic inclusion and financial resilience by empowering people to build credit and build savings.
We're looking for people who share our passion and are driven to tackle challenges, find solutions and make the financial space better for the communities we serve.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by providing people accessible tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can benefit from them the most, particularly the 100 million+ Americans who have no or low credit.
About The Role:
You will utilize your analytical talents to help define our acquisition strategy in partnership with marketing managers. You will analyze data for digital channels such as Paid Search, Paid Social, and Display advertising as well as non-digital channels such as Radio, TV, Retail, Partnership, and others.
A successful marketing analyst helps us not only understand our marketing mix but also where opportunities exist to increase investment and/or optimize current investment. Our Marketing team utilizes a variety of digital and non-digital channels and acquires customers (aka Builders) via both Website and Mobile App platforms.
You will work closely with Marketing, Data Engineering, and your fellow Analytics teammates.
This role will report to the Director of Analytics.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Conduct data analysis on Marketing efforts (direct response and brand buys) to measure impact and identify budget optimization strategies
- Develop reporting and analyses related to creative, landing page, and media performance
- Use techniques such as diminishing returns analysis, time series analysis, and A/b testing to inform incrementally and/ or causality
- Lead in the development of our Marketing Mix Model, and influence how we should think about attribution modeling, multi-source attribution, and incrementally.
- Conduct measurement and analysis of channels such as affiliate, retail, and partnerships
- Assist with acquisition forecast model development
- Assist with core projects related to data scoping, tech implementation, etc
- Be a proactive champion of data-informed insights
- You have at least 5 years of Digital Analytics, Web Analytics, or Marketing Analytics experience
- You are confident with SQL (joins, aggregations, unions, subqueries /CTE’s)
- You finish the work you start and are comfortable communicating your insights to stakeholders at every stage of the business
- You ideally have experience with both mobile app and website marketing measurement
- Familiarity with Marketing KPIs and concepts
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Finance, Economics or related analytical field and/or extensive industry experience (Master’s Preferred)
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work both independently and on a small team
- Strong problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Humble and proactive about asking questions
We have the compensation and benefits you expect. But, there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many startups cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. We are a team of Builders, empowering our customers to build their dreams. We have a Do the Right Thing ethos in all that we do, and we hope you value that approach, too.
Our perks include:
- Stock options
- Quarterly performance-based bonuses
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Free at-home workout through Sworkit
- Casual dress code
- Team building events and activities
- Remote work arrangements/ flexible work schedule
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This Privacy Notice is for applicants who reside in California. We adopt this notice to
comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and other
California privacy laws. Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning
when used in this notice.
Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of
being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a
particular consumer or device (“personal information”).
last twelve (12) months:
Identifiers. A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal
identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email
address, account name, Social Security number, driver's
license number, passport number, or other similar
Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code §
A name, signature, Social Security number, physical
characteristics or description, address, telephone number,
passport number, driver's license or state identification
card number, insurance policy number, education,
employment, employment history, bank account number,
credit card number, debit card number, or any other
financial information, medical information, or health
insurance information. Some personal information
included in this category may overlap with other
Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national
origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status,
medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex
(including gender, gender identity, gender expression,
pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions),
sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic
information (including familial genetic information).
Internet or other similar network
Browsing history, search history, information on a
consumer's interaction with a website, application, or
Professional or employment-
Current or past job history or performance evaluations.
Use of Personal Information
following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our clients or others.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
- We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time.
When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will notify you.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, please do not hesitate to