Senior Growth Marketing Manager at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the role
Cloudflare is looking for a Growth Marketing Manager to join our Pay As You Go (PAYGO) Team. Our team is responsible for driving growth across Cloudflare’s large free and self-serve customer base. To do this, we rely on a data-driven, product-led, experimentation-based approach to help customers to see greater value in and adopt more of Cloudflare’s solutions.
You are a self-starter who has an in-depth understanding of key drivers for a customer’s lifecycle which are critical to understanding a customer’s experience and their growth on Cloudflare. In this role you will own the creation and execution of campaigns and programs to help drive self-serve growth.
What you’ll do
- Deeply understand Cloudflare’s PAYGO (self-serve) business, key growth drivers, and what influences them.
- Establish & scale the vision for our paid and organic acquisition program across multiple channels.
- Identify key initiatives and experiments based on qualitative / quantitative data and translate into a growth roadmap which you will maintain and share externally.
- Align cross-functional teams in support of joint initiatives
- Own multi-channel campaigns end-to-end: develop campaign strategy, design experiments, and drive execution of programs to drive measurable conversion and retention of Cloudflare’s suite of products and features.
- Manage our agency relationships that assist in paid media buying and optimization.
- Establish and execute against growth goals and milestones.
- Eventually build and manage a team of other high performing growth marketers to maximize the impact of your vision.
- Communicate roadmaps, priorities, experiments, and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from partner teams to executive levels.
- A strong background in growth marketing, product growth, and / or strategic marketing.
- Experience driving multi-channel growth initiatives across the funnel (acquisition, activation, revenue, retention, and referral)
- Experience working with a wide variety of marketing channels: Paid Search, Paid Social, Display, Affiliate, Podcasts, email, etc and strong command of the KPIs for each.
- Familiarity with transforming a simple budget into a comprehensive multi-channel growth marketing strategy and forecast.
- A data-driven approach with expert understanding of SaaS acquisition and growth metrics, marketing analytics and the ability to use data for discovery, measurement, and optimization.
- Ability to work cross-functionally to plan and execute GTM campaigns.
- Strong customer empathy and proven experience understanding what drives customer behavior.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge, and experience
- 4+ years of experience in Growth Marketing, Product Growth, or CRM at SaaS companies.
- An outcome-oriented mindset with a track record of driving actual business results (like user growth and revenue).
- Fluency in a variety of tools commonly found in the modern marketing stack like Iterable, Amplitude, Google Analytics, Google Ads, etc...
- Demonstrated ability to quickly build and optimize complex workflows and automations.
- Obsessive about data and metrics and strong ability to analyze not only email data, but also clickstream data. Acronyms like CTR, CTOR, CAC, CPA, LTV, CR are not foreign to you. Ability to write SQL is a strong plus.
- A few years of people management experience.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
22.214.171.124: We released 126.96.36.199 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.