Senior Internal Communications Strategist at Whole Foods Market
- Coordinates with regional Marketing teams on region-focused internal content, providing governance and support to build and maintain alignment of content strategies.
- Establishes, facilitates and manages training curriculum for regional Marketing authors to support the intranet and additional content management systems.
- Owns process that ensures alignment with Global and regional editorial objectives; identifies areas for improvement, develops appropriate solutions and ensures effective communication throughout.
- Leads regular editorial meetings to discuss regional content opportunities and provide visibility across all regions.
- Manages editorial planning tools used to support editorial calendars, content creation and other internal communications assets.
- Upholds and evolves regional content guides to reflect Global style and design guides.
- Works closely with development and technical counterparts to troubleshoot content issues and enhancements for the intranet and other content management tools.
- Analyzes and reports on regional internal communications content performance metrics, delivering data-forward insights and improvement recommendations to regional authors and leaders.
- Works closely with other members of Internal Communications team on larger editorial initiatives and content strategy.
- Coordinates with internal stakeholder groups to plan and create content that celebrates Whole Foods Market’s culture.
- Strong aptitude for creative and strategic problem-solving and concise communication.
- Self-starter with ability to ideate independently and collaborate effectively.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional and fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects.
- Employee focused mindset – advocates for Team Members, keeping their need for engagement, connection and information top of mind.
- Intellectually curious; proactively identifies gaps and opportunities to improve processes and procedures.
- Must be team oriented, collaborative and willing to consider multiple points of view.
- Experience building and nurturing relationships with peers, stakeholders and leaders.
- Advanced ability to plan, estimate, organize, and monitor editorial and content management activities.
- Excellent written, verbal communications and presentation skills.
- Experience developing and managing editorial governance processes and overseeing a large network of content authors alongside a formal content management system.
- Experience developing seasonal and regional editorial plans within a retail environment.
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS degree and 4 to 6 years of relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.