The Senior Manager of Marketing Communications develops and implements programs to communicate the company’s business objectives, culture, and values. As the Senior Manager of Marketing Communications will lead the corporate communications and set strategy for public relations and social media, shape internal and external messaging, and execute innovative brand awareness programs that positions Q2 as a leader in digital transformation for banking and lending space.
This person will be responsible for managing a small team of PR and Social Media professionals and developing and executing on the strategic communications plan and strategy, along with a compelling narrative that drives earned media coverage, increases the company's public profile in the financial services and fintech industries, and establishes key Q2 leaders as industry thought leaders. The ideal candidate will be a strong storyteller that knows what will resonate and connect with multiple audiences to build Q2’s brand awareness and affinity.
By partnering with executive management, Marketing, Investor Relations, Sales, People, and other teams, you will plan, develop, implement, and evaluate a broad range of corporate and marketing communications across multiple external channels, while making sure our messages are shaped for tone and audience.
The ideal candidate has a strong executive presence, exceptional project management and organizational skills, exceptional creative process discipline, outstanding written and oral communication skills, and the ability to lead and inspire cross-functional teams. This person will also have experience with creative design, content marketing, editing, and executive communications.
- Previous experience within the financial services industry or enterprise software/technology (SaaS) industries are preferred. This position will report to the VP of Marketing Communications.
- Develop and execute strategic communications plans and strategies· Demonstrate subject matter expertise on public relations and media relations strategies
- Maintain a speaker’s bureau for thought leadership engagements at industry events
- Develop and execute a comprehensive industry awards program
- Serve as a liaison between third-party PR firm and Q2
- Manage the PR and Social Media team
- Storytelling - package creative concepts and present them to stakeholders in a persuasive, articulate, and compelling way
- Create content and prepare executive briefing materials/talking points for presentations, speaking engagements, media interviews, etc.
- Research and advise on technical solutions and tools to drive efficiency around communications
- Build and maintain Marketing Communications objectives and key results
- Build and maintain external communications calendar and reports
- Manage multiple work streams, programs and campaigns with varying timelines and complexity
- Make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or related degree and a minimum of 10 years of related experience; or an advanced degree with 6+ years of experience; or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Financial services or digital channel is preferred – and demonstrated track record of success
- 2-5 years in a leadership role; managing and developing employees
- Outstanding written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Strong media relations skills and expertise
- Critical thinking/problem solving mindset
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Results-focused and action-oriented; does not require heavy oversight or direction
- Adaptable and versatile; comfortable with ambiguity and a changing environment
- Ability to positively influence team members and decisions
- Ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- Comfortable partnering with all levels of the organization and able to influence senior leaders
- Ability to measure and track external communications success metrics (i.e. Share of Voice, Media Coverage Reports, etc.)
At Q2, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that fosters mutual respect for our employees and the communities we serve. Q2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.