Senior Manager, Marketing Operations & Analytics at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
We are seeking a Senior Manager of Marketing Operations & Analytics to optimize operating rhythms across the Marketing organization, enabling an acceleration of lead generation, optimal investments with disciplined attribution modeling and economic return analysis, and shorter cycle times through improved lead turnover. You will be dedicated to building efficient, scalable, repeatable, and measurable processes and analysis which support marketing programs. This role will have high visibility and require influence with executives. You will frequently present findings and recommendations to the CMO and other C-level leaders.
The Senior Manager of Marketing Operations & Analytics to work closely with members of the Revenue Operations team and key functions including Marketing, Sales, and Partner to develop reporting processes that effectively measure and improve our marketing strategy and returns. Your deep, hands-on marketing operations experience will be key to the performance of our Marketing organization and making data-driven decisions as we look to rapidly accelerate our growth and, most importantly, the growth and success of our merchants. Your strong managerial skills will enable you to maximize throughput and development of your 1-2 person team.What You’ll Do:
- Partner with the VP of Marketing to determine and implement attribution models which most effectively measure the efficacy of marketing motions and maximize our leads.
- Build efficient, scalable, repeatable, and measurable processes and analyses which support marketing programs
- Develop analysis and process insights which enable an acceleration of lead generation and shorter cycle times or faster turnover of our lead inventory.
- Measure the revenue impact and economic returns from programs, identifying root causes of successes and failures of all programs deployed.
- Implement and sustain the forecasting process for marketing qualified leads and sales accepted leads across all of Marketing.
- Design, implement, and sustain scalable processes for campaign measurement and new initiatives that ensure all relevant data points are captured during marketing execution to properly track economic returns.
- Develop and implement business case modeling analytics framework, and ad-hoc analysis as needed to support strategic and operational Marketing initiatives which enable target attainment.
- Mentor other Revenue Operations staff to instill consistent and more diligent analytics practices across our Revenue Operations team.
- Prepare and present findings and recommendations to the CMO and other C-Level leaders
- A Marketing Operations professional with at 8+ years relevant professional experience, including 5+ years Marketing Performance Analytics experience
- 3+ years direct people management experience
- Degree from a four-year college or university required, preferably in Business Administration, Math, Statistics, Finance, or applicable experience; MBA preferred
- Proficient in SQL for querying data and analyzing results; Python and/or R are a benefit but not required
- Advanced Excel, SQL, and data analysis skills required
- Passionate about data and experienced with analyzing large datasets
- Deep knowledge of marketing analytics, lead lifecycle management, and marketing program measurement (experience with Google Analytics, Salesforce, Marketo, and Bizible)
- Ability to and comfort with influencing all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level leaders.
- High level of business and financial acumen, particularly in the area of marketing as a revenue generating organization.
- Possess a sense of urgency and are capable of thoughtful yet rapid adaptation in response to changes in internal and external conditions; able to seamlessly balance strategic initiatives and “Run the Business” (RTB) activities
- Ability to see hidden problems and probe a variety of sources for answers, are excellent at analysis, able to look beyond the obvious, and can identify and creatively solve complex problems, following them through to implementation
- Possess a mindset rooted in consistent and continuous improvement, are dedicated to providing high quality services, willing and able to develop metrics and dashboards from scratch, open to suggestions and experimentation, and efficient and effective work processes
- An organized, data-driven and detail and goal oriented believer in building great systems and processes, have strong business acumen, prioritize effectively, consistently make good decisions, and creatively solve complex problems