Senior Manager, Partner Marketing at BigCommerce
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce, named a 2021 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Senior Manager, Partner Marketing to be responsible for building and driving our marketing strategy and campaign execution for our Agency partners.
You will be responsible for leading a team of partner marketers in creating and driving marketing efforts to and through partners. You will drive revenue through our partnerships, collaborate closely with our channel leadership, channel account managers and partners to drive strategic marketing plans. You will act as a trusted collaborator and leader to cross-functional peers and leaders, and play a crucial role in our long-term growth strategy of enabling, engaging, and activating our Agency partner ecosystem.
The preferred candidate is a results oriented, hands-on, strategic marketing leader who has the capability to flex easily between strategy and tactical execution. They value relationship building, team management, and are passionate about the success of the business.What You’ll Do
- Lead strategy for BigCommerce’s Agency Partner Marketing priorities. Focus on revenue goals through integrated marketing and communications strategies and campaigns by working closely with BigCommerce collaborators and our Partners’ marketing counterparts.
- Lead and mentor a team of partner marketing managers, focusing on developing talent and encouraging growth. Lead the day-to-day operations of the team to ensure effectiveness, efficiency, and scalability.
- Develop scalable marketing frameworks, content, and engagement strategies. Own select strategic projects end-to-end.
- Thoughtfully lead across a matrixed environment and maintain alignment with Demand Generation, Product Marketing, Content Marketing, and Channel Sales to drive business strategies and operational goals.
- Develop, analyze, and deliver regular reporting and insight on partner, campaign and opportunity performance.
- Manage team budget tracking, and own forecasted return and performance projections across partner marketing activities.
- Cultivate an environment of teamwork, openness, creativity, and continuous improvement. You and your team should be forward thinking and always testing new opportunities. Mobilize the team around planning, performance lookbacks and go-forward plans.
- Lead or co-present business reviews and marketing updates across the organization.
- Act as the primary point of contact for partner compliance communications and results, trends, and areas of opportunity.
- Champion our partners within BigCommerce to ensure we deliver a world-class partner experience.
- 7+ years of experience in marketing required; minimum of 4 years direct experience in partner marketing required; preferably related to strategizing and developing partner marketing plans to drive revenue at a high growth SaaS or ecommerce company.
- 3+ years team management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in marketing, business or similar field preferred.
- Ability to adapt through fast-paced, high-growth, dynamic environments, while leading in a matrixed organization.
- Reputation for developing outstanding talent and a proven track record of successfully attracting, developing and leading world-class teams and driving success.
- Excels at developing both the strategy and managing the details; willing to get into the details with the team and also comfortable articulating the high level plan.
- Analytical with a high degree of business acuity, along with the skill to analyze marketing data and derive insights and opportunities.
- Good understanding of industry standard channel programs.
- An expert collaborator and communicator with excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, reporting, and client/partner relationship skills.
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills with the ability to develop and implement systems for the team.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.