Senior Manager, Vertical Marketing
As a Sr. Manager, Vertical Marketing in the International Market Group (IMG) at Blackbaud, your mission is to drive growth and engagement with our customers (and potential customers), while working across the organization to prioritize the product features demanded by our various markets. You will have the unique opportunity to join the newly formed International Growth Strategy team, which focuses on growing Blackbaud’s International business both organically and inorganically. Your role is primarily responsible for developing and executing the Go-To-Market strategy for the International Markets Group. This includes creating the market definition, value proposition, buyer profiles, packaging and offer creation, as well as sales enablement tools that ensure increased market share and customer retention.
As this role is primarily responsible for developing and executing the Go-To-Market strategy of multiple solutions within a broader portfolio and across 3 international markets, the Sr. Manager, Vertical Marketing will also focus on rationalizing the international value proposition and packaging. In addition, this role will manage an International Growth Analyst which will support the Go-to-Market activities, as well as support Long Range Planning and Business Case preparation.
The optimal candidate will also have the background or skills necessary to engage with R&D from a Product Management perspective. The ideal candidate is self-motivated and knows how to balance "thinking big" with "getting stuff done."
Developing and Execute the “Go to Market” strategy to achieve growth objectives for your vertical
- Achieve and exceed annual sales targets for IMG
- Create strategic marketing plan, including market sizing, segmentation, key plays and strategies for increasing market share and retaining/expanding existing customers.
- Oversee the sizing and definition of market segments, understand the competitive dynamics of targeting, positioning, pricing, packaging and differentiation for assigned portfolio.
- Sourcing and analyzing acquisition / partnership opportunities which align to the both market group and vertical strategies
- Collaborating with executive management to develop vertical strategy including customer segmentation, product and various market strategies and develop pro-forma business cases to support strategy
- Translate the positioning framework into actionable plans across the vertical with measurable results. Ensure consistent view of vertical and solid understand of each buying persona and the corresponding solutions to meet their needs.
- Leverage deep understanding of key market segment strategies and the needs of our customers to establish a winning position assigned vertical within the competitive landscape.
- Collaborate closely with Demand Generation to ensure sufficient volume of opportunities to meet pipeline coverage and sales objectives.
- Ensure the design and create consistent sales toolkits for assigned portfolio to increase win rate.
- Oversee content management of sales collateral for portfolio – and ensure effectiveness and consistency in messaging, and assessing the types of effective collateral
- Ensure Partnership with Sales Enablement and Customer Success for front line sales and customer communications - partner across sales, solutions engineers, and marketing in ensuring effective communications that drive results.
- Ensure leverage of our value proposition in developing content for: product differentiation presentations, competitor information, needs analysis, case studies, web content, and ROI benefits.
- Develop go-to-market plan for new geographies and Tier 1 markets
- Prepare the Tier 2 go-to-market “playbook” strategy for entry into new medium-sized market
- Represent comprehensive view of opportunities and challenges for vertical to stakeholders across the business, including executives.
- Effectively engage Marketing, Sales, Product Management, Partners, and Customer Success; liaise across various organizational levels to ensure the overall success of assigned vertical in the market.
- Work with Product Management to drive roadmap investment strategy and ensure execution to meet vertical objectives.
- Ensure that the organization is effectively equipped and collaboratively educated on our strategy to enable full achievement of revenue goals.
- Leverage your reputation as a senior ‘market expert’ to partner with senior leadership and guide the short and long-term agenda for assigned vertical.
Experience and Skills
- 7-10 years of software Product or Vertical Marketing experience and/or specific vertical expertise
- Experience and a track record of driving adoption, growth and results
- BS/BA required, MBA advantageous
- Strong problem solving, analytical and mental acuity
- Business savvy with proven ability to develop, promote, and execute a business development plan
- Exceptional ability to write and create product content; able to write quickly and concisely for non-technical audiences; writing samples required
- Proven influencing skills with top executives, working cross-functionally and with clients/prospects
- Self starter, creative thinker, excellent listener and communicator
- Strong affinity for sales team success, prior sales experience a plus
- Proven marketplace relationship building skills with industry influencers, pivotal clients
- Proven record of thriving in fast-paced and matrixed environment
- Prior experience working with nonprofit software or services providers
- Experience working for or volunteering with a nonprofit or nonprofit board experience