Senior Marketing Copywriter
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Department
Marketing builds awareness by sharing stories about how using Cloudflare can make a positive impact for customers and prospects. This spans stories across all channels of customer communication: our website, blog, emails, social media, events, ads, etc. We see and shape the beauty of a networking story.
About the Role
Cloudflare has built out a world-class marketing team comprised of demand generation, product marketing, event/field marketing, content strategy, and brand marketing, with a web team in place to help do interactive production. Our marketing department is looking for someone who thinks creatively and is passionate about the craft of writing.
The ideal candidate will live and breathe in the digital space and weigh the importance of every ounce of copy. You think in headlines and CTAs and can tell a story in as few words as possible.
- Delivering on copywriting requests from all channels – newsletters, articles, whitepapers, landing pages, blog posts, and other assets in order to drive growth and establish Cloudflare as a thought leader.
- Editing/proofreading of content with excellent attention to detail.
- Collaborate with marketing, product, communications, and our executive team to create compelling statements that draw attention without sounding forced.
- Ability to write in a range of tones from humorous and lighthearted to serious and thoughtful.
- Proven record of success driving sales growth through copy optimization.
- Excels at managing and executing against a high volume of concurrent work streams.
- Strong sense of narrative and editorial skills.
- Track record of production across long/short-form writing, video script writing, brand copy, and digital marketing copy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Creative Writing, Journalism or English or relevant experience.
- 4+ years relevant experience, preferably in B2B SaaS.
- Please include a cover letter that mentions which specific Cloudflare product you’re most interested in.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.