Senior Paid Search Manager (SEM) at Aceable
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:16 p.m. (CST) on Saturday, May 25, 2019
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Aceable has big growth targets and this role will be critical to hitting our numbers. The role combines the tenacious and analytical, as you’ll develop and grow Aceable’s paid media opportunities through data analysis, testing, campaign management, and bid management using the latest platforms and technology available. We’re looking for detail oriented people with vast experience in building paid search advertising campaigns, performing deep analysis, and exceeding performance criteria in SEM, PPC, social ads, and display ads. This role will continually build, test, and tweak search engine marketing campaigns to maximize effectiveness by having an intimate understanding of the underlying data to execute campaign optimizations utilizing structured best practices. You’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow in a fast paced performance media environment where every day is a new and exciting challenge for you to overcome. If you are results-focused, scrappy, and smart, you will fit in here.
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in Texas. To date, Aceable touts more than 16 million users and counting across all verticals, as it continues to expand adding millions nationwide each year.
Named by the Austin Business Journal as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin in 2017 & 2018 and winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017. Aceable fosters a creative and collaborative culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT YOUR NEW TEAM
The Aceable marketing team is made of some of the hardest working, smartest people in their fields. We thrive in a fast paced, constantly changing environment where cross channel communication and collaboration is key. We pride ourselves on quickly solving challenges with new and innovative solutions, and we have fun doing it!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Assist with project management and hitting deadlines across a team of multiple people
- Execute on SEM marketing projects across multiple verticals with a highly collaborative, fast paced digital marketing team
- Conduct deep daily analysis to determine paid search effectiveness, identify opportunities, and execute upon them
- Manage bids to maximize return across keywords, devices, and other levels
- Build campaigns, conduct keyword and audience research, review and edit ad creative/copy
- Audit and QA campaign build-outs, settings, and structures to ensure nothing slipped through the cracks. Attention to detail is critical.
- Provide regular reporting (weekly, monthly, and ad hoc) and performance updates to communicate successes, inconsistencies, under‐performance, or any other campaign related metrics
- Assist in streamlining daily and weekly reporting needs
- Continuously improve performance through testing, leveraging campaign analytics
- Create and test various paid search marketing units in collaboration with creative teams
- Create opportunities through staying current with new paid media channels, software, and industry best practices
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 5+ years of experience managing digital paid search (paid social and display a bonus, but not a requirement as 95% of our time is devoted to the search network)
- Experience “going deep” for one account/client with a large budget. You need to have a firm understanding of every layer of paid search and know how to move a very big ship
- Impeccable organizational skills and attention to detail. There are always multiple projects ongoing simultaneously, and you need to be able to deliver on all of them
- Passion for working with a team and the ability to deliver and receive direct, real-time feedback
- Superb communication skills across all levels of the organization from interns to the Board of Directors
- Jedi-level analytical skills -- we analyze everything
- Passion for pulling data, analyzing it, making quick decisions, and defending those decisions with data
- Strong understanding of the relationship between all performance marketing funnel metrics. At what rate does each metric affect each other? If one metric is down, is it up or down funnel of other metrics? If 5 metrics are down...which ones do we focus on, and prioritize addressing?
- Ability to run what-if analyses and present multiple scenarios to inform decision making
- Knowledge of the level of complexity needed. Doesn't over-design. In other words, doesn't build a lot of infrastructure/complexity if not needed, but if it is needed, can design in a way that's scalable.
- Ability to self and ruthlessly prioritize business opportunities. There are probably always 1000 things we can be doing...but what should we be doing?
- Disdain for merely hitting goals, because your self-motivation, accountability, and sense of urgency drives you to exceed them
- Strong instincts toward continual growth and optimization, with the ability to pivot based on the company’s needs
- Expertise in Google Adwords, Bing Ads, and/or Facebook Ads Manager
- Up‐to‐date knowledge of the latest trends and best practices in paid media
- Level-headed demeanor under extreme pressure, and ability to work the problem
- Proven track record of being a fast learner who is constantly striving to find a more efficient way to complete a task
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2017 and 2018
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & other activities (Holiday parties, Happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Transportation stipend
- Education stipend
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.
Read Full Job Description