Senior Partner Marketing Manager at BigCommerce
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is the fastest growing ecommerce platform on the planet and we’re hiring a Senior Partner Marketing Manager to be responsible for creating and driving our marketing strategy and adoption of strategic partners.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing marketing strategies and full funnel reporting for partner marketing activities with optimized checkout, fraud management and payments partners.
You will serve as the primary marketing contact for top, enterprise solution partners and act as a trusted collaborator and advisor for marketing to the customer base. You will play a key role in our long-term strategy to support merchant revenue growth through third-party partner integrations.
The right candidate is an experienced partner marketer and team player who manages collaborative marketing campaigns across internal teams and strategic partner stakeholders to drive adoption of our partner solutions.What You’ll Do:
- Work with enterprise-level strategic partners to design and execute campaigns with and through partners; work closely with partner teams to identify joint co-marketing opportunities and lead execution of campaigns through the partner channels
- Define and execute joint partner marketing campaigns to obtain new BC merchants
- Drive merchant adoption and increased usage of apps / partner solutions
- Work with product marketing to define BigCommerce x Partner solution competitive differentiation
- Track and closely monitor revenue impact of marketing programs
- Execute integrated marketing campaigns by working closely with BigCommerce stakeholders and our partners’ marketing counterparts
- Manage projects and communications internally and with partners to achieve agreed upon success metrics
- Be a trusted liaison that aligns the following teams for joint success: 1) sales team 2) partner marketing team and 3) BigCommerce marketing leadership and subject matter experts and stakeholders
- Execute and optimize marketing strategies and support campaigns to meet or exceed success metrics
- Collaborate with internal marketing subject matter experts for planning, resourcing and executing integrated campaigns agreed upon with partners
- Collaborate with the strategic business development team, and work very closely with the Director of Payment Channel Sales and Director of Payment Partnerships to manage partner initiatives
- Ideate and jointly plan with partners’ marketing counterparts to develop and execute agreed upon marketing and communications programs across various available channels (examples: in-app messaging, email, demand gen channels)
- Manage projects to completion with internal and partner teams, providing ongoing communication and updates throughout project as well as analyzing and reporting out metrics, lessons learned and recommendations when programs end
- Develop scalable marketing assets, campaigns, content and engagement strategy to serve partners
- Report and analyze metrics to marketing leadership
- Champion our partners within BigCommerce to ensure we deliver an awesome partner experience--the best in the ecommerce industry
- 8+ years of SaaS software/technology marketing experience, preferably in ecommerce and time focused on enterprise-level partner marketing
- 5+ years experience in strategic/tactical campaign management and event management to drive awareness and lead / qualified opportunity creation
- Experienced Marketer with an amazing portfolio of enterprise-level partner campaigns that demonstrate deep understanding of account-based, field, and events marketing, ideally in the B2B and/or payments/financial spaces.
- Proven experience on cross-functional teams, creating success and instilling best practices
- Customer Focused - You have passion for the partner ecosystem, understand profiles of various types of partners and their programmatic requirements, and want to deliver the best experience possible for future and current customers
- Excellent Communicator - An excellent written/verbal and interpersonal communicator who builds cross functional bridges and success
- Highly Collaborative - You have a true team mentality (your work requires collaboration with partners in Business Development, Product Marketing, Customer Support and much more) and demonstrated success working cross-functionally in larger organizations, and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners
- Adaptable - You are flexible and efficient, with the ability to manage multiple priorities, and adjust quickly to the changing need of the business
- Composed - You have the ability to balance Getting Sh*t Done with humility and sense of humor and know how to execute consistently in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.