Senior Product Marketing Content Director at BigCommerce
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is looking for a world-class product marketing communicator to own our website’s articulation of who we are, what we do, and how it best serves the needs of businesses at all stages of their ecommerce growth. As Senior Product Marketing Content Director, your focus is on improving the end-to-end website experience and guiding users through the conversion funnel by creating compelling and clear product marketing content. In this role, you’ll positively influence the trajectory of an ecommerce industry leader by leading the positioning and messaging on our greatest marketing asset: the BigCommerce website. Your focus will be on developing product-specific web content, value props and proof points to our target customers with persuasive messaging that inspires purchase. You’ll help present the value proposition of our product in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our customers’ problems. Your success will be measured by our conversion rate of prospective visitors into customers.
Our preferable candidate is someone with proven success crafting industry-best product marketing messaging ideally in B2B software. As a master communicator, you possess a clear understanding of and insight into business customer needs and decision making psychology, our product capabilities and strategy, competitors’ product and product messaging, and the industry trends and concepts that influence decisions. Developing deep ecommerce product knowledge and experience will become your foundation for creating compelling messaging, positioning and hard hitting, industry-leading content. You’ll use your understanding of how to build messaging relevancy and competitive differentiation to publish clear, persuasive and succinct content on our website. This newly built ‘critical role’ will report to the VP, Product Marketing and will collaborate cross-functionally across the BigCommerce Marketing, Web, SEO, Demand Generation and Content teams.What You’ll Do
- Build clear, persuasive and succinctly written product marketing communications (messaging + positioning) combined with attractive visual design that best facilitate customer exploration of our solutions and services.
- Clearly and crisply articulate the value of our product and services to website visitors and prospects with the goal to convert them into customers.
- Develop product-specific web content, value props and proof points to our target customers with persuasive messages intended to inspire them to purchase
- Regularly audit and address bigcommerce.com for product marketing content gaps, inconsistencies and opportunities to create connected content experiences.
- Consistently review competitors’ web content, product marketing and positioning and use that research to adjust and amend our website messaging and positioning to achieve competitive advantage.
- Build clear, customer-centric “straight-to-the-point” product positioning, messaging, and narratives that can scale to multiple business audiences.
- Build, test and adjust product messaging and unique selling points that sets new functionality apart from others in the market.
- Assist in identifying, developing and maintaining buyer personas and the messaging that resonates best.
- 11+ years of experience in driving product messaging and positioning, ideally in B2B software, and even better in ecommerce.
- 5 years of content strategy and content writing experience.
- A deep love of translating technical jargon and complex concepts into digestible, proof-benefits-driven messaging and web copy.
- A strategic thinker mentality where you can get technical to build deep product knowledge and use that knowledge to tell a differentiated story in a crowded market.
- A proven track record of developing and completing hard hitting B2B product marketing messaging strategies and tactics.
- Experience in tailoring product marketing messages and experiences for international audiences.
- Experience in using market, competitor and customer research to incorporate into product marketing initiatives.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.