Senior Product Marketing Manager - API Platform
Plivo is a cloud communications platform that empowers businesses to connect, engage and interact with their customers in a more efficient and meaningful way.
Plivo’s mission is to simplify business communications. Thousands of businesses around the globe including IBM, Workday, Godaddy, and Lifesize rely on Plivo to power their voice and SMS communications at global scale.
Founded in 2011, Plivo has over 180 employees across its US and India offices. Plivo is part of YCombinator and is backed by prominent investors, including Andreessen Horowitz and Battery Ventures.
Plivo has been profitable for the past four years, an unusual milestone for companies of this scale. Plivo’s success has landed it among the leading, global CPaaS (Communications Platform as a Service) companies and at the cutting edge of the CPaaS sector, which is estimated to grow to $10.9 billion by 2022.
Plivo is expanding to Austin, TX and we are seeking a high-performing Product Marketing Manager, responsible for customer insights, go-to-market strategy, and new customer growth for our core API platform. The position involves leadership, project management, and cross-functional coordination with Marketing, Sales, Product Management, Support, and other stakeholders.
Join us for a unique opportunity to work across the full product lifecycle, from helping shape product updates to driving new customer activation, and product engagement.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and execute strategic marketing programs to drive new customer acquisition of Plivo’s SMS and Voice API platform
- Own the creation of marketing content and programs that crisply articulate the value proposition to relevant audience segments, including content for the website, blog posts, videos, webinars, and other content marketing
- Enrich our internal knowledge of our core customer segments and develop both the buyer personas and the target account profiles to guide all Marketing and Sales efforts
- Continuously look for ways to capture customer insights to influence the product experience and shape relevant messaging to attract and convert high-intent prospects
- Work with Sales on an on-going basis to ensure the team has the proper information about the product, advance knowledge of product feature updates, key talking points, and sales support materials; capture and address feedback from Sales about content needs and collaboration opportunities
- Working with Product Management to plan and prioritize marketing efforts supporting key product feature releases
- Own internal communication/training to ensure Sales and Customer Success teams are well-versed in the product features, benefits, and uses cases
- Serve as subject matter expert for the competitive environment and our competitive position
- Work with Marketing to deliver 3-5 published customer case studies per quarter
- 7+ years of experience in B2B product marketing, with direct customer interaction
- Experience working with an API-based product and/or web development experience
- Demonstrated ability to work equally easily with technical product managers as with creative writers
- Successful experience in creating content such as blogs, webinars, videos that aligns to buying stages and increases conversion rates (creation may be done in collaboration with internal or external specialists such as writers or video editors)
- Strong communication and writing skills critical
- Natural tendency to look for data to guide decision
- Agile and creative problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams across organizations in multiple geographic locations
- Entrepreneurial and comfortable working with ambiguity, taking initiative and getting things done with minimal guidance
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
Perks and Benefits
- Ownership driven culture
- Company-paid medical insurance
- Health, vision and 401K benefits
- Generous vacation policy
Read Full Job Description