Senior Product Marketing Manager
VRBO is looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager who is passionate about creating customer-centric products and taking them to market. In this role, you’ll be expected to meet and exceed business objectives for product and policy launches within VRBO’s marketplace portfolio. You’ll be responsible for developing a deep understanding of our customers and market, identifying customer and business needs and championing solutions through from concept to launch. We will look to you to create go-to-market strategies, strong and enduring product positioning and messaging and to ensure internal and external readiness for launches.
Our culture is entrepreneurial and dynamic in nature, so it’s imperative that you can operate successfully both at a strategic level and at a detailed execution level. This will require you to be strategic, adaptable, analytical and strongly motivated to contribute in any way possible to ensure the success of the team, our customers and our global initiatives.
What you’ll do:
- Evaluate and define business opportunities and ways to optimize our offers to customers; communicate a strong point of view on market opportunities and ROI
- Drive adoption of existing products and provide customer insights to influence the product roadmap
- Partner with the product team to create whole offers around marketplace initiatives to drive trust, revenue and repeat usage of the platform
- Define go-to-market strategies by product launch, globally and locally, including storyline, timing, channels, segmentation, goal setting and measurement
- Provide input into the product development process to ensure products align with customers to achieve product/market fit, add business value and convey a clear and compelling offer
- Develop customer insights through quantitative and qualitative research and champion the customer experience across the broader organization
- Ensure go-to-market strategy fits within the customer journey and across various customer segments
- Own and update go-to-market playbook for launches as product releases and marketing channels evolve
- Perform competitive analysis and maintain an understanding of current market conditions and competitive offerings to inform product and marketing strategy
- Seek out and analyze complex data in order to inform the decision making process
- Develop and test product positioning, value propositions and messaging that resonates with the end user and create documentation to ensure effective and consistent communication of products and policies both internally and externally
- Partner with the marketing and creative teams to build detailed briefs when planning for external communications as part of a launch
- Review and provide feedback on training and marketing materials and functional-specific content created to support launches
- Serve as the hub for GTM activities locally and globally and lead readiness across the organization
- Broadcast GTM activities widely across the company on a weekly basis and via quarterly plans
Post Launch Adoption
- Partner with product, marketing, CS and sales to drive adoption of key products and features
- Partner with analytics team to devise and implement tests and report on adoption initiatives and testing outcomes
Who you are:
- 6+ years internet ecommerce experience, preferably in an international or global capacity
- 3+ years of product marketing experience, preferably B2B and B2C
- Experience working on pricing and revenue management tools or complex data analytics products; a familiarity with basic economic and statistical principles
- Prior experience working for an online marketplace and an understanding of the dynamics and objectives related to successfully serving both sides of a marketplace
- Ability to form close partnerships with product management and marketing teams and to communicate effectively and gain alignment with senior-level leadership
- Experience partnering with sales and customer support teams to become a customer authority and advocate
- Technical sophistication necessary to work effectively with product and engineering teams
- Demonstrated experience merchandising product features leading to quick adoption and lasting usage
- A validated, successful track record of increasing product market share through well-executed marketing and successful delivery of go-to-market activities
- Experience successfully working in a global, matrix organization
- A growth mindset and a sense of curiosity
- A bias for action and the ability to assess when speed is critical or not
- Strong analytical and written and verbal communication skills; experience presenting in front of large audiences
- MBA preferred
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on VRBO.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of VRBO and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.