ABOUT THIS POSITION
We are looking for an extraordinary product marketing leader that can help us bring new products to market. Our purpose is to help students succeed through digital learning and tools – so you're savvy when it comes to articulating the value of consumer tech to a large consumer audience. You know what consumers care about when it comes to easy, online training and the solutions that surround each industry vertical, what their motivations are, and how these translate to compelling product positioning and go to market support. You are also an expert in B2C product positioning, pricing and marketing delivery.
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging, and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in the U.S. To date, Aceable touts more than 20 million students and counting. The team is proud of the hundred thousand plus students we're adding to the Aceable family per month. We're only getting started and we need your help to get us to our vision of millions of students per month.
Winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017 and awarded as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin for multiple years running by numerous entities, such as the Austin Business Journal, BuiltInAustin, and EqualOcean. Aceable fosters a creative, collaborative, and diverse culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT THE MARKETING TEAM
The Aceable marketing team is a talented group of digital and performance marketers with expertise in search, revenue optimization, marketing analytics and product marketing. We are data-driven, collaborative and love being a major contributor to the growth of Aceable. We live by our Aceable core values, and are a positive, humble, and supportive team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead performance of your respective product’s financial performance day to day in partnership with the product manager, including sales, cost management and partnership on product utilization and revenue targets
- Develop strategies, plans and lead the execution of integrated marketing plans across a portfolio of products/initiatives. Key areas of focus include - consumer/market research, audience segmentation, competitive analysis, product feature assessment, key benefits articulation, overall product value proposition and sales enablement creation
- Partner on the development of integrated marketing plans to support new product launches or feature improvements, across all channels paid, owned, and earned.
- Partner with Product Management on core product needs and product performance growth, priorities and development aligned to consumer insights and business cases.
- Build a data-driven marketing strategy as well as defining and measuring the success of a particular product marketing campaign
- Understand the ed-tech space and industry trends, and how that impacts the life of a marketer at Aceable. You can empathize with them, and accordingly tell a great product story that grabs their attention and won’t let it go
- Partner with BD/sales reps on calls and visits
- Ensure the voice of the consumer is reflected in product and design decisions
- Collaborate with the research and analytics team to monitor consumer shopping trends, needs, attitudes and behaviors
- Build consensus among partners to enable effective execution
- Keep a sharp eye on competitive products and recommend feature enhancements to maintain Aceable’s leadership status
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 6+ years of product marketing experience
- Experience with sales enablement, B2B and B2C marketing
- Experience launching and marketing consumer-facing web and mobile products a significant plus
- Experience leveraging market research and user testing to develop differentiated product positioning and messaging for new and existing products
- Excellent grasp of the various online and offline marketing channels available to product marketers today
- Proven experience successfully using owned and earned media, and specifically performance marketing to promote new products
- Demonstrated success driving rapid adoption and strong user engagement with new products
- Strong user curiosity and empathy and the ability to translate customer research in order to identify the deeper user pain point (i.e. JTBD)
- You really “get” mobile – how it changes user behaviors and how it makes marketers to rethink their strategies
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2020
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Generous time off programs
- Flexible work schedule
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & activities (Holiday events, happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Free parking spot downtown in our garage 24/7 or a monthly transportation stipend
- Education stipend ($500/year/employee)
- NOTE: Our team is currently remote due to Covid-19 and we have some awesome virtual perks that come with it (trivia, karaoke, bingo, happy hours, lunch & learns, and more)
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.