Senior SEO Manager
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Aceable is looking for a highly motivated, strategic and experienced SEO Manager to join our growing SEO team. This is a highly visible role that requires you to be resourceful, creative and persistent. This role will be responsible for crafting and prioritizing the SEO roadmap, in partnership with the SEO Team Lead. Candidates should have extensive SEO experience, with a proven ability to unify cross-functional teams to drive sustainable, exponential organic growth. You will be working to identify key opportunities, ensure strong performance for core products and initiatives, and oversee all technical SEO programs and requirements. This is a position for someone who is passionate about SEO and thrives in a dynamic environment, possesses strong communication skills and is quick to take initiative.
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in Texas. To date, Aceable touts more than 16 million users and counting across all verticals, as it continues to expand adding millions nationwide each year.
Named by the Austin Business Journal as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin in 2017 & 2018 and winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017. Aceable fosters a creative and collaborative culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT THE MARKETING TEAM
The Aceable marketing department is a data-driven, results oriented and compassionate team. We love to obsess over conversion rates, A/B tests, and creating delight for our customers. We’re excited to find someone who can jump in immediately and dazzle us with their ideas and energy.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Drive high-volume organic search growth
- Own and evolve Aceable’s site architecture and navigation across multiple properties to drive organic growth and preserve positive user experiencesLead all technical SEO projects and own related technical requirements for product and marketing initiatives
- Develop large-scale programs to grow the SEO practice and drive core business metricsIdentify and implement opportunities and tactics that exponentially grow our search visibility
- Oversee SEO best practices and adoption by core cross-functional teams, including content marketing, engineering, creative, and product marketing teams
- Work to provide leadership, strategic insights and feedback to other SEO team members
- Monitor Organic Search performance of Aceable and top competitor sites
- Partner with internal SEO data analysts to create and deliver recurring SEO performance reports and provide actionable insights
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 5+ years of professional experience in SEO with a proven track record of successfully developing and implementing SEO programs and significantly improving Organic Search performance for online businesses
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
- Extensive knowledge of SEO best practices, search engine algorithms and ranking strategies, and passion to stay abreast of news and trends in SEO and online marketing
- Deep knowledge of technical SEO best practices and optimizations
- Experience implementing successful large-scale SEO initiatives, including external link acquisition, site architecture, and localization
- Ability to work cross-functionally with content, design, PR, product and engineering teams to drive SEO programs forward in a highly-effective manner
- Understanding of critical SEO analytics and research platforms as well as familiarity with various third-party SEO analytics solutions
- Experience working with a number of SEO suites/tools: BrightEdge, ahrefs, semrush, etc.
- Familiarity with SEO analytics tools: Google/Bing Webmaster Tools, Google Analytics, Looker
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2017 and 2018
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & other activities (Holiday parties, Happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Transportation stipend
- Education stipend
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.
Read Full Job Description