Senior Solutions Marketing Manager at Blackbaud
At Blackbaud, we’re here to help good take over. We lead uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, providing cloud software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to drive impact for social good. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, higher education institutions, K-12 schools, healthcare organizations, faith communities, arts and cultural organizations, foundations, companies, and the individual change agents who support them. With millions of users in 100+ countries, our vision is to power an Ecosystem of Good® that builds a better world. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them raise resources, deliver programs, manage operations, and understand their outcomes.
We’ve created an environment where people follow their passion.
There’s something about working at Blackbaud that feels different than other companies—there’s a sense of purpose and a belief that each of us can make a difference in the success of our clients; organizations whose work change lives.
Blackbaud is the world’s foremost provider of technology solutions and services to the nonprofit market. Software, analytics, data, marketing automation, website design, financial management, payment & donation processing. Our broad portfolio contains all of the tools nonprofits need to be successful in fulfilling their missions.
As our next marketing MVP, your mission is to leverage that deep portfolio of offerings to define and launch solutions for the Faith based market. You will be responsible for partnering closely with our product marketing managers to define the ideal “solution suites” by customer profile, product/service needs and target markets. This role includes defining the strategy, vertical and target markets, customer profiles and Go to Market approach, and increasing our attach rate for multi-product sales.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, a proven leader and excellent presenter, an active listener, agile thinker, dreams in numbers, could write a best-selling book on the sales enablement tricks and customer success tactics they've mastered, and thinks about the needs of customers first. If you eat, breathe, sleep marketing and have a passion for collaboration, we’d like to hear from you.
- Drive “Go to Market” planning and launch strategy for segments of the Faith based market
- Size and define market segments, understand the competitive dynamics of targeting, positioning, pricing, packaging and differentiation.
- Leverage your deep understanding of different market segments, how products should be packaged together to meet the full needs of our customers and engage the target market to establish a winning position within the competitive landscape.
- Design and create consistent sales toolkits across total solution suites
- Develop market specific thought leadership, leveraging a deep understanding of the market and relationships with 3rd party thought leaders
- Create sales collateral – and ensure effectiveness and consistency in messaging
- Partner with Sales Enablement for front line sales communications - partner across sales, solutions engineers, and marketing in ensuring effective sales communication and decreasing time spent ‘off the sales floor’
- Leverage value proposition in developing content for: product differentiation presentations, competitor information, needs analysis, case studies, web content, and ROI benefits
- Empower internal stakeholders; influence external decision makers, partners, and thought leaders
- Effectively engage Marketing, Sales, Product Management, Partners, and Customer Success; liaise across various organizational levels to ensure the overall success of the Faith vertical.
- Ensure that the organization is effectively equipped and collaboratively educated on our strategy to enable full achievement of revenue goals.
- Arming internal and external stakeholders with: value/differentiation presentations, pitch decks, demonstrations, call scripts, case studies, web content, white papers, ROI modeling.
- Collaborating with Demand Generation, Product Marketing and Digital Marketing teams to design and deliver lead generation initiatives across multiple vehicles: SEM, content marketing, tradeshows, seminars, webinars, calling campaigns, marketing automation programs, etc..
- Developing a keen understanding of the competition, buyer needs, industry influencers and decision makers while possessing the ability to effectively communicate and publicly represent the company and our products at industry events
- Clarify and articulate Blackbaud’s position as the leading complete solution provider for nonprofit organizations.
- Optimize benefits statements, proof points, and conduct and deliver differentiation analysis. Continuously measure, manage and appropriately adjust marketing program effectiveness: lead generation performance; lead conversion ratios; sales cycle conversions and, most important, multi-product bookings and attachment rates.
- Collaborate and drive key demand generation activities in collaboration with the Demand Generation team: content strategy, campaigns, tradeshows, seminars/webinars, and other lead generation activities across the marketing organization.
- Collaborate with Corporate Marketing and Partner Teams to develop market awareness and adoption effectiveness through media relations, social networking, advertising, partner relationships, referral networks and programs, and product and segment collateral.
Measurement of Success
- Pipeline growth
- Win Rate
- Multi-product bookings
- Attachment Rate
- Customer Success
Experience and Skills
- Experience and a track record of driving adoption, growth and results for a portfolio of solutions
- BS/BA required, MBA also advantageous
- Business savvy with proven ability to develop, promote, and execute a business development plan
- Exceptional ability to write and create product content; able to write quickly and concisely for non-technical audiences; writing samples required
- Proven influencing skills with top executives, working cross-functionally and with clients/prospects
- Self starter, creative thinker, excellent listener and communicator
- Strong affinity for sales team success, prior sales experience a plus
- Proven marketplace relationship building skills with industry influencers, pivotal clients
- Proven record of thriving in fast-paced and matrixed environment
- Experience working in the Faith market
- Experienced with salesforce.com or similar CRM, web conferencing tools, expert-level proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Prior experience working with other nonprofit software or services providers
- Prior experience working with other online marketing, email marketing or marketing automation providers
Why you'll want to come work here:
- Our benefits are unmatched. Not only do we offer competitive salaries, 4 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and 401K match, we also provide endless community involvement opportunities to encourage our employees to give back, through our CSR programs like gift matching and volunteer for vacation.
- Blackbaud has been named to Forbes America's Best Employers for Diversity 2019, Forbes America’s Best Midsize Employer 2019, and AnitaB.org's Top Companies for Women Technologists 2018, we are rapidly growing and offer incredible opportunity for career advancement!
- We understand that people thrive in a culture focused on teamwork and purpose. That's why Blackbaud offers a tremendous company culture, encouraging open, collaborative working environments in all of our offices around the world, including; North America, Australia, the United Kingdom and Costa Rica.
- We have proven that we are one of the best technology companies to work for. Blackbaud has been ranked Best Technology Company in Charleston, SC for the fourth year in a row, and ranked by BuiltIn Austin as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX.
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.