Senior Writer at The Hustle
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:31 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, June 3, 2020
The Hustle is a fast-growing digital media company that provides smart business insights and analysis to an entrepreneurial-minded audience.
We're changing how media companies build brand loyalty. And as one of our early hires, you will help us chart the course.
This role is ideal for an experienced, versatile writer capable of generating big ideas at the intersection of business and technology. You’ll deliver smart, timely reports, helping us become an indispensable source of information about the most important trends in business. You'll also contribute to our weekday and Sunday emails, and help us build loyalty with readers through creative social engagement.
What You'll Do:
- Generate distinctive story ideas by developing a deep network of sources and knowing where to look for data that identifies business opportunities
- Produce a mix of fast-turning and longer, more deeply reported pieces that help our subscribers understand market changes and make smarter business decisions
- Be a regular contributor to our Daily and Sunday long-form newsletters
- Be comfortable wearing many hats as we adapt to meet our audience’s needs
What You'll Bring:
- A creative and data-driven approach to storytelling
- A demonstrated ability to identify shifts in business and technology and write stories that inform and delight a highly educated audience
- Ability to deliver clean copy under daily deadline pressure
- Experience writing short- and long-form content
- Experience gathering and interpreting data from a variety of sources
- Editing or management experience beneficial
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Commuter benefits
- Monthly book stipend
- Weekly team lunches
- Team happy hours and outings
- A chance to help create and shape indispensable editorial products and services that serve a global audience
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
If this sounds like a place you could make your mark, please submit a resume and 3 samples of your best written work. Your application should include a cover letter describing what makes you a good fit for this position and 2-3 ideas for helping us increase reader engagement.
We encourage applications from candidates who have succeeded in a startup environment and we welcome candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, with experience outside of journalism. We're also open to candidates with different levels of experience. For us, having a person with the right mindset and temperament is most important.
We are committed to diversity and strongly encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and individuals with disabilities.
*Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role
Read Full Job Description