SEO Associate at A Cloud Guru
STRATEGIC | DETAIL ORIENTED | CREATIVE THINKER
As our SEO Associate, you will assist in driving brand awareness and ROI via organic search. You will work cross functionally with teams to complete SEO tasks based on our strategy and goals. You'll use your SEO knowledge, data analysis, and project management to become an SEO Guru! As our SEO Associate you will have the opportunity to balance established processes with creative thinking and the opportunity to make our processes more efficient.Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
We're on a mission to teach the WORLD to cloud. A Cloud Guru is the largest online cloud school on the planet. Our training feels more like logging into Netflix or Spotify - it's entertaining and playful. The people are the #1 reason employees say they stay at ACG. We’re a quirky, tight-knit crew that cares about our customers and each other. No egos here. Our leaders encourage thoughtfulness, compassion, being humble, and we have a bit of fun along the way.
It’s an exciting time to join the team, because we’re in a really unique space. We have an amazing product that people want, and we're in an industry that's tripling in size overnight.What makes the Marketing team awesome...
We design the graphics, write the words, and funnel the funnels. We bring the brand to life with a sidecar of delight along for the ride in every interaction with our students. Play around with a brand that understands the value of not being stuffy and corporate, even on the business side. Everyone is receptive and encouraging of new ideas. There’s a lot of creativity and bouncing ideas off of each other. We believe everyone brings value. It’s refreshing and energizing to be in a collaborative environment like that.
We’re always looking for fun and creative ways to go above and beyond what’s necessary or just good enough. It can be something simple that other organizations might not consider worth the time, like adding an animated GIF to an email or spending a little more time on a landing page to make the experience a bit more special. It’s all about giving our students a little bit more joy in any way we can. - Matt, River-tubing Guru (and Creative Director)As an SEO Associate at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Analyze and recommend improvements on current organic traffic, while optimizing for holistic SEO growth on Google and Bing.
- Work with the SEO team to manage and promote cross-functional tasks with members of marketing, product, analytics, and development teams to ensure maximum impact of SEO.
- Work cross functionally with the content team to optimize copy and landing pages for maximum organic exposure and conversions while maintaining engaging plus targeted content.
- Make actionable recommendations based on various data points, derived from GA, GSC, and other insights to provide data-driven content optimization recommendations.
- Perform ongoing SERP Analysis for keyword expansion including identification and implementation of keyword opportunities.
- Assist site audits and outline requirements to ensure backend SEO functionality is correct (3XX, 4XX, 5XX, etc.).
- Assist in the execution of link building activities.
- Collect and analyze data to identify trends and insights to achieve maximum ROI in organic search.
- Track, report, and analyze website analytics and SEO initiatives and campaigns.
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. College degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- 2+ years of experience in digital marketing and SEO
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for staying up-to-date with current optimization factors and algorithm changes
- Understanding other forms of digital marketing including content marketing, PPC, conversion optimization, etc, and knowing how they interact with SEO.
- Experience with Google Search Console, Google Analytics and other industry tools (Ahrefs, SEMRush, Moz, Majestic, etc.).
- Knowledge of how backlinks and internal links work
We want the people who care about doing a good job. The ones who have the humility and hunger to learn. - Sam Kroonenburg, Co-Founder and CEOMore than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision -- it’s a life decision. We get it. That’s why we want all of our Gurus to feel a sense of belonging that comes from feeling supported in all areas of their lives. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 4 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Whether it's hiking to a waterfall in Costa Rica or bonding with your couch, we all need downtime. All Gurus get four weeks paid time off, 10 sick days, and enough holiday to make a banker blush.
- Let's get lunch. Lunches are catered three times per week, and our kitchen stays stocked with a smorgasbord of the team’s most requested snacks and drinks.
- Parking is on us. We have your Downtown parking covered. We offer paid garage parking nearby the office. We also have perks for going green by walking and taking public transit.
- We’ve got you covered. We offer insurance plans that pay for 100% of your medical, dental, and vision, and 80% for your family/dependents.
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave, and reimburse up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development, and 2 hours each week reserved for learning something new.
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.