The SEO Content Marketing Strategist will join the Digital Marketing team in creating the most engaging digital experience on the web. This role is responsible for writing content specifically for the website to build our SEO presence and build on our overall content strategy. The content delivered needs to align with SailPoint’s corporate messaging, marketing strategy, and specific audience needs, but with a keyword and search engine focus. The ideal candidate must be an exceptional writer, SEO content expert, and collaborator, and is passionate about developing effective content. The role will also serve as a resource to other members to educate them on SEO content best practices and creation.
- Write content for the website and edit existing web pages with a search engine lens.
- Work closely with the ABM team to establish keyword research to inform content creation targeted at various stages of the customer journey.
- Work closely with the Digital Content Marketing Manager to understand brand voice, tone, messaging etc. to deliver content in brand.
- Work closely with other stakeholders within Marketing to understand the business as a whole and how it can be tailored for search.
- Research and dive into topics they are not familiar in with an excitement and passion.
- Run reports on broken links and identify other technical issues that are causing negative SEO implications.
- Manage the website content in conjunction with the Product Marketing Content Marketer.
- Analyze content to determine what is working and what is not and report out.
- Ensure our website performs the best it possibly can on search engines.
- Stay on top of search engine updates and changes in the content marketing landscape.
- 5+ years’ experience in a content marketing role within a business-to-business technology company.
- Excellent written and verbal skills required with the ability to provide examples of personally written content around technology products.
- Thorough understanding of Google Analytics.
- Knowledge in WordPress systems and how to update content in it.
- Proficient with SEO platforms and tools such as SEMRush, and how to leverage them for research.
- Experience in enterprise security, preferably identity and access management, SaaS knowledge a plus.
- Proven leadership traits with ability to work cross-functionally across sales, marketing & product marketing organizations.
- Self-starter and a curiosity for user behavior on the web.
Education: BA/BS or equivalent work experience is required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.