At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Opportunity
We are looking for an SEO Lead to drive SEO strategy and execution globally. You will join a team of content marketing and SEO strategists focused on growing our audience and deepen customer engagement throughout the lifecycle. This role is located out of our growing Austin, TX office.
As the SEO Lead, you will be responsible for strategizing and executing technical and content-based organic initiatives to acquire Cloudflare users efficiently and drive revenue growth at scale. You will partner closely with our Growth teams, as well as the rest of our Product Marketing, Engineering, and Creative teams in San Francisco and in offices across the globe.
You thrive in a rapidly changing environment, are invigorated by the idea of solving complex SEO challenges, strive to raise the bar, and use the insights of the larger Marketing team to make a huge impact across the organization.
Key aspects of this role include utilizing data to understand customer behaviors, developing and driving SEO experiments, and executing results-focused projects at scale.
- Drive strategy for all SEO on Cloudflare.com, including internationalization, site structure, tagging, internal linking, and performance
- Create strategic SEO plans on a quarterly and yearly basis, along with a technical SEO roadmap
- Own international SEO strategy for APAC, EMEA, LATAM, and other regions, including managing regional SEO agencies
- Work closely with the Content Marketing team to integrate SEO projects into an overall content strategy
- Identify, prioritize and execute scalable web platform and page-level SEO projects based on traffic and revenue growth opportunities
- Design, execute, and report on SEO experiments, evaluating them against business KPIs
- Forecast SEO performance, set SEO targets, build reporting, and communicate pacing towards targets to leadership
- Partner with the Marketing Technology team to ensure we have the services, implementations, and analytics necessary to work at scale
- Minimum of 5-8 years of SEO experience, preferably in a B2B SaaS environment
- A strong technical and analytical background
- Experience driving SEO for international markets including Naver, Baidu, and Yahoo Japan.
- Validated results driving SEO initiatives in a fast-moving, dynamic, international organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate under pressure on time-sensitive initiatives
- Program management experience, including planning and prioritization
- Expertise with SEO tools (i.e. Google Search Console, Google Keyword Planner, Conductor, Deepcrawl, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Deep understanding of the SaaS lifecycle
- BA/BS degree, preferably in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.