REX is a well-funded, game-changing real estate technology startup with offices in Austin, Los Angeles, and the Bay Area. With the goal of improving the lives of homebuyers and sellers, REX created a digital platform and real estate service that eliminates traditional agent commissions and shifts control away from agents over to those who matter most: consumers! REX saves homesellers thousands of dollars in fees by going around the MLS to target home-buyers directly with sophisticated marketing that has never been used in real estate. Since its launch in Southern California, REX has expanded to 17 states and over 250 employees. Throughout the years, REX has represented homes cumulatively valued at over $1 billion and in the process, saved customers over $30 million in fees they otherwise would have paid traditional brokers.
About the Position
REX Homes is in the process of building a world-class media effort. We don’t want to be best-in-class, we want to be one of the best in the world. You will take charge of our SEO strategy across our primary and secondary sites. This is a critical role for our marketing team and will be expected to drive results. This role requires deep search engine optimization knowledge and minimum 3 years technical SEO experience.
You must be able to demonstrate a clear ability to develop tactics and campaigns that drive the business goals: audience growth, engagement and acquisition. You should be passionate about search technology and digital marketing. We will be tackling some of the most difficult verticals; Real Estate, Lending and Insurance simultaneously so you need to be up for a challenge.
Please read this job description carefully.
- Manage and design our SEO strategy including creation of a roadmap
- Create content directly and use outside contractors to produce both daily and high-value content pieces
- Work closely with the PPC and data teams to select SEO keyword targets in support of varied objectives
- Build links
- Update on-site SEO elements like rich snippets, page titles, etc.
- Work with the development teams on technical SEO optimization like site speed
- Monitor the latest trends in SEO strategy and measurement
- Analyze market and competitor strategies so we can identify areas to target
- Keep updated on both white hat and grey hat SEO strategies to stay within search engine guidelines
- Lead search optimization in other areas such as Video and App Store
- Pursue long-term partnerships with other sites for mutual SEO benefit
- Produce regular reporting and present it to the team; surface findings to executives
- Work closely with Communications team on SEO strategy and the integration of PR activities with SEO implications
- Consistently explore, test, learn iterate. Support our culture of testing, competitive analysis and data-driven decision making
- Be ready to hire and manage a team when we are ready
Experience & Qualifications
In order to succeed in this role, you must have:
- A detail-oriented mindset, ensuring that every change is thoroughly considered
- A solid knowledge of Google Analytics
- A moderate technical background, including the basic HTML and technical SEO elements
- Ability to write clear, valuable, and link-friendly content that educates and informs
- The ability to constantly find new and creative links generation plans
- Feel comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment while performing well under constraints
- An ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Hold a BS/BA
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in a competitive SEO space
- Advanced MS Excel skills including functions like pivot tables and Vlookup.
- Understanding of paid search and UX principles is a plus
- Ability to review data and communicate the story
If this sounds like the kind of challenge that interests you, then lets chat! Please submit your resume and let us know your favorite sandwich when you do.
As a pioneer in our industry, REX is setting new standards in the marketplace – for quality, innovation, integrity, professionalism, drive, consumer happiness, and social good. Our culture, together with our business vision and goals, serve as an orientation for leadership and a guide for how we conduct ourselves in day-to-day business. They also form the foundation for hiring, encouraging and rewarding great people. In addition, REX has been committed to doing good things for real estate consumers and to providing homes for those in the greatest need, wherever they may be. For every 50 homes we sell, we provide a home for a family in need. We started by funding the construction of a home for a family in Cambodia at the end of 2015. In addition to funding homes, the REX team regularly provides hands-on support to local nonprofits that provide shelter to families.
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive salary with an equity stake in this fast growing tech company