BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
As the SEO Manager, you will execute our SEO strategy for North American BigCommerce web properties. For this role, we’re looking for someone with a proven track record of growing organic traffic and managing SEO initiatives for high traffic websites.The SEO Manager, NA must be a creative thinker proficient in SEO best practices (technical, on-site and off-site) who can execute and manage long-term SEO growth. The candidate will relish diving deep into SEO-relevant data, building business cases for projects to grow organic traffic, and execute on the SEO strategy to drive conversions and MRR. This will be a fun and fast-paced role, so we need an enthusiastic and detail-oriented team player to join our team.What You’ll Do
- Work closely with the SEO team to execute, manage and scale SEO initiatives for our North American web properties.
- Communicate, demonstrate, articulate and educate on SEO philosophies and standard methodologies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional business partners (Marketing, Content, Product Marketing, Digital, Engineering, UX, and Product) to implement SEO best practices, and leverage cross-functional insights in planning and program development.
- Provide comprehensive keyword research and competitor analysis to create content briefs for our content team to create and update pages to rank organically.
- Use Google Search Console and additional tools to find low hanging fruit for optimization, after publishing content. Includes tweaks to body content, metadata, and more.
- Plan and deliver targeted outreach campaigns that drive organic traffic and link acquisition.
- Produce comprehensive technical SEO audits, specs, and requirements for product, engineering, and editorial teams, guiding projects through conclusion.
- Utilize SEO and analytics tools such as Ahrefs, SEMRush, Clearscope, Botify, Screaming Frog, BrightEdge, Google Analytics, Amplitude, Google Search Console, and so forth.
- Monitor SEO trends and stay ahead of best practices to identify new opportunities to improve targeting, production, and audience generation.
- Monitor the organic performance of BigCommerce North American properties as well as competitor sites, SERP features and Google algorithm updates.
- QA on all SEO changes both in the pre-production environment and on the live site.
- Experience developing and executing SEO strategies for SaaS companies is an advantage but not required.
Who You Are
- Experienced SEO Professional - 5+ years of SEO experience, driving organic traffic growth and conversions for high traffic websites..
- Action Oriented - You enjoy working hard, are full of energy for challenges, and seize opportunities more than others. You have a tremendous work ethic and go above and beyond.
- Customer Focused - You want to deliver the best experience possible for future and current customers, as helping our customers’ businesses grow is the #1 goal at BigCommerce.
- Problem Solver - You can see hidden problems and probe a variety of sources for answers, able to look beyond the obvious, and can identify and creatively solve complex problems, including matters related to systems and processes.
- Systems Thinker - You are dedicated to providing high-quality services, committed to continuous improvement through empowerment and management by data, willing and able to re-engineer processes from scratch, open to suggestions and experimentation, and efficient and effective work processes.
- Process and Project Manager - You can readily design practices, processes, and prioritizations, know what to measure, and how to measure it.
- Communicator - Excellent written/verbal communication and customer relationship skills are critical both working with people internally and externally.
- Collaborative - You have demonstrated success working cross-functionally in larger organizations, and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners.
- Composed - You know how to execute consistently in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out self-directed responsibilities.
- Personable - You are seen as positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Technical Learner - You pick up on technical things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and knowledge, and are adept at staying ahead of the curve on relevant industry, company, product, or technical knowledge.
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you do, but how you do it.