The SEO Specialist responsibilities will include the management of all on and off-site optimization activities but will play a strong support role with our sales team. The ideal candidate should also be comfortable in a client facing role with strong written and verbal communication skills. The candidate should also be comfortable presenting SEO research/findings/analytics to our clients via either conference calls or in-person presentations.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct monthly client calls to discuss campaigns, as needed
- Perform technical SEO Audits of client websites
- Help sales team in calls to explain SEO services
- Identify, recommend and implement on-page website SEO optimizations
- Identify configuration and duplicate content issues and recommend remedies
- Day-to-day client relationship management, as needed
- Stay abreast of algorithm updates and adjust strategy and client communication, as needed
- Writing and editing blog/body copy content for clients, as needed
- Demonstrated knowledge of HTML and various CMS’s.
- Hands-on experience with Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, SEOmoz, Raven Tools, WordPress and similar CMS platforms.
- Fluency in SEO core elements including but not limited to: On-page and Off-page tactics, site navigation and URL structure, internal linking structure, Meta Data, dynamic and static page templates, XML sitemaps, Canonical Tags, Structured Data/Schema, etc.).
- Knowledge HTML enhancements for better search engine visibility and technical optimization.
- Self motivated and Detail Oriented
- Solid control of grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Manage projects within approved budgets and deadlines
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree preferred. 1-2 years of hands-on experience executing technical SEO best practices, monitoring and reporting, proactively adjusting tactics required to stay in line with latest algorithm changes.
Training/Equipment: Google Analytics, Webmaster Tools, Moz, Raven Tools, Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, SEMRush, Screaming Frog, etc.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: A deadline driven position requiring day-to-day multi-tasking, as well as managing multiple projects simultaneously with frequent change in direction and priority.