BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
Are you a person who loves learning and wants to take your SEO skills to the next level? Do you enjoy creating and scaling processes from the ground up? Do you enjoy coming up with innovative strategies to drive link acquisition?
BigCommerce, the #1 ecommerce platform for mid-market and SMB merchants powering over 60,000 ecommerce sites all over the world, is searching for a versatile team member to help us grow organic traffic and further establish our brand online.
For this role, we’re looking for someone who has actively built or been a part of executing link building and outreach campaigns to help our SEO initiatives and improve BigCommerce visibility across the web.
What You’ll Do
- Manage outreach by keeping up with existing contacts and connecting with additional thought leaders in the ecommerce space to drive content partnerships.
- Execute, document and improve all BigCommerce link building and outreach processes.
- Create/automate/deliver monthly reporting on all outreach initiatives.
- Work with data to organize and analyze the success of outreach initiatives.
- Utilize research skills to identify outreach targets using a variety of strategies and tools (scraping, advanced search operators, etc.).
- Scale/improve how we identify potential outreach targets.
- Create, send and respond to outreach emails. Ability to clearly communicate via email necessary.
- A/B test outreach messages to determine which have the highest response rates.
- Work with a CRM to send emails and utilize marketing automation. Experience with a CRM or email marketing software preferred.
- Pitch article topics and manage freelance writers to create content that meets our editorial standards.
- Work with SEO tools such as Ahrefs and SEMRush.
Who You Are
- An experienced marketer:
- 2+ years experience in online marketing, including 1+ years specifically in SEO and content marketing. If you have online marketing and business experience outside SEO and content marketing, that is an asset.
- Experience building out and managing an outreach program or other partner/business development activities.
- Proven track record of successful link building programs.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with a team.
- Well versed in Google Analytics and/or other analytics platforms. More important than specific tools is the ability to think quantitatively and parse through data to make informed decisions.
- Strong experience with:
- SEO platforms such as Ahrefs, SEMRush,
- CMS including WordPress, Craft, and others
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Managing third-party vendors
- Action Oriented - You enjoy working hard, are full of energy for challenges, and seize opportunities more than others. If you need to tweak a page in our CMS, or extract a random piece of data from set of webpages, you can figure out how to do it.
- Collaborative - You have a true team mentality (your work requires collaboration with partners in Business Development, Product Marketing, Customer Support and much more) and demonstrated success working cross-functionally in larger organizations, and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners.
- Strategist - You understand how different marketing channels and tests affect people in different buyer segments and different parts of the customer journey from acquisition to revenue.
- Problem Solver - You can see hidden problems and probe a variety of sources for answers, are excellent at analysis, able to look beyond the obvious, and can identify and creatively solve complex problems, including matters related to systems and processes.
- Systems Thinker - You are dedicated to providing high-quality services, committed to continuous improvement through empowerment and management by data, willing and able to re-engineer processes from scratch, open to suggestions and experimentation, and efficient and effective work processes.
- Process and Project Manager - You can readily design practices, processes, and prioritizations, know what to measure, and how to measure it.
- Communicator - Excellent written/verbal communication and customer relationship skills are critical both working with people internally and externally.
- Composed - You know how to execute consistently in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out self-directed responsibilities.
- Personable - You are seen as positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Technical Learner - You pick up on technical things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and knowledge, and are adept at staying ahead of the curve on relevant industry, company, product, or technical knowledge.
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.