SEO Strategist - Content
Effective Spend is hiring an SEO Content Strategist to join our growing SEO Content and Digital PR team. In this role, your main responsibilities will be to create high-quality content and support tactical PR efforts for our clients to ignite authority and drive non-branded traffic. As part of our growing team, you’ll be implementing integrated marketing strategies, including content marketing, SEO, and digital public relations to take your career to the next level.
The ideal applicant is an excellent communicator and writer with experience crafting content for a wide range of industries, such as B2B technology, travel, and/or health and beauty. Experience crafting both long- and short-form content is required. Having a base-level knowledge of SEO or digital PR is a plus, but not required to excel in this role, as long as you’re a creative, deep thinker who loves to write with purpose.
We provide training to our team members so you can expand your SEO knowledge and learn how to apply multiple marketing disciplines to an in-depth, impactful strategy for our clients. In this role, content and link building strategies are often integrated to improve SEO performance by capturing organic traffic and increasing domain authority.
- Content Writing – Ideate and craft high-quality content to use on client websites (blogs, product pages, case studies, etc.) as well as off-page opportunities, such as content contributorships and editorials
- Support client content calendar development – brainstorm research-backed content ideas to supplement clients’ existing content calendars. In some cases, content will also be leveraged to support digital PR
- Tactical PR - Work closely with our Digital PR Manager to support link building efforts. This includes assisting with building media lists and conducting tactical link building, such as reaching out to be included in listicles and updating unlinked brand mentions
- Create outlines and clear instructions so that clients’ content resources can execute our content vision internally
- Support deep content dives/audits to plan robust strategy for clients – identify the content gaps, what content could be better, etc.
- Monitor and manage HARO requests to connect our clients with reporters around the world
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree in marketing, English, journalism, communications, or a related field
- 1-2 years of experience regularly producing content for professional purposes is required.
- Superior writing skills – Proven competency in blog/content writing, case study development, and/or web content.
- Grammatical proficiency and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to build relationships and trust with clients
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and/or SEO tools a plus (e.g. MOZ, BrightEdge, WebCEO, Ahrefs, Majestic)
- Digital agency experience is a strong plus
- Growth Mentality – Embraces intellectual challenges and seizes opportunities to improve skills and seek out new knowledge.
- Analytical – Approaches strategy and projects with a data-driven perspective.
- Passionate – Brings it. Hungry, ambitious, motivated and competitive, with a strong work ethic.
- Resourceful – Will Google literally anything. A true self-starter that enjoys learning new skills and researching new ideas on their own.
- Organized and Detail-Oriented – Obsessively makes to-do lists and can’t stand to let things fall through the cracks because they genuinely care about their clients’ success.
Effective Spend is proud to have been recognized on the Inc. 5000, ABJ’s Fast 50, and as an ABJ Top 10 Best Places to Work. Here are some of the ways we support an awesome company culture:
- Competitive paid time off
- Additional volunteer PTO days
- Medical, dental and vision healthcare plans
- 401k with company matching
- Bonuses for employee and client referrals
- Fun team outings and social sports like soccer, cornhole and kickball
- Foosball, chess, and other games in the office for a quick break
- Great office location within walking distance of the hike and bike trail and numerous coffee shops and lunch spots
- Snacks, fresh fruit, drinks and plenty of fresh-ground coffee