Social Media Intern
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
As the leading ecommerce platform in the known universe, we have a lot of stories to tell. BigCommerce has experienced extremely fast growth over the past few years with amazing clients who are building awesome brands and partnerships with some of the most successful technology companies in the world.
We’re looking for a Social Media Intern to join our Marketing Communications Team to help get these stories out into the world in a way that improves BigCommerce brand awareness and drives new adoption of our platform. Our team is on a mission to build the most creative, fun, and well-executed social media program in the business. If you want to do exceptional work with exceptional people, we want to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Develop content calendars across BigCommerce social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Instagram Stories, Google+ and Pinterest
- Create social media graphics in Photoshop and/or Sketch, working closely with the BigCommerce brand team
- Assist with monitoring and reporting to track and improve quantitative, as well as qualitative, results over time
- Help develop and execute creative campaigns that drive buzz and engagement
Who you are:
- College senior or recent grad with a passion for social media and communications, preferably with agency or in-house communications experience
- Undergraduate degree in progress or completed, preferably in English, journalism, PR or marketing
- An exceptional writer and total grammar nerd
- Ability to work within templates on Photoshop or Sketch
- Passionate about commerce and technology
- Desire to work at a fast-paced startup, agency or deadline-driven publication
- Able to work approximately 25 hours per week and can provide your own transportation
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.