Social Media Manager—Spredfast Strategic Services Team
Spredfast is seeking a dynamic and highly motivated social media manager to engage and grow Spredfast customers' communities across various social presences. The social media manager will serve as a primary day-to-day support in charge of building great social care programs, including but not limited to social listening, reactive engagement, response content creation, social care strategy and reporting on customer insights through qualitative and quantitative analysis.
Ideal candidates will not only have a deep understanding of social networks, technology, and trends, but will be confident, creative, and effective in managing a team of community managers. They will be looking to join a fast-paced startup where change is constant and expectations are high. They will be master multitaskers, communicators, negotiators, and constantly strive for flawless execution. They will be eager for feedback, identifying new goals and ways to improve themselves and the team around them. They will take ownership in their projects and communities while also working collaboratively as a team to develop social strategies that meet and exceed our customers' business objectives.
- Effectively manage a small team of community managers at a day-to-day level while keeping an eye on long-term vision for our customers’ goals and growth;
- Monitor and manage customers’ brands across all major social networks and actively mine social conversations for relevant insights and opportunities to engage;
- Maintain a multichannel campaign schedule to ensure consistent coverage and staffing resources are available;
- Answer social inquiries competently and efficiently, coordinating with internal teams when necessary;
- Work with brand managers to plan, forecast, and report for all social media marketing programs. Manage outcomes against a set of defined business goals and KPI’s;
- Review and analyze analytics and content for optimization and strategic opportunities to improve;
- Consult on social media strategies for Spredfast customers and new business pitches as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years in the social media space or equivalent combination of experience, education, and training
- Candidates must have former community management experience
- Strong familiarity with key social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Proven experience working with advertising platforms across the major social networks
- Active and passionate about social business; demonstrate an eagerness to learn and share best practices, new trends, and major developments in the social space
- Enthusiasm for and willingness to grow in all facets of community management, including brand management and marketing, social care, content strategy, content creation, measurement, and project/account management
- Ability to rapidly assess, analyze, and resolve complicated issues independently, even with little initial information
- Demonstrates initiative and independence, is consistent and dependable; is also flexible and willing to go the extra mile to help a teammate, customer, or community member
- Works well within highly collaborative, multidisciplinary teams with many moving parts; highly developed sense of teamwork is a necessity
- Excellent project management and organization skills; ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize based on customer needs
- Comfort and ability to think quantitatively, with sensitivity to nuances in data
- Ability to manage and analyze large data sets, work in Excel, and create and build meaningful charts and reports
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills; ability to think critically about content in context of brand messaging, goals, and voice
- Ability to manage multiple personalities and communication styles, empathize with team members, and successfully navigate interpersonal communication to create and maintain a positive team environment
- Ability to adapt quickly to new environments, new teams, and new customer communities
- Outstanding oral, written, and presentation skills required
- Some agency experience is preferred
- Pharma and regulated industries experienced is a plus
- Bilingual Spanish/English or other languages is a plus
- Minimal travel may be required
- Occasional evening and weekend coverage may be required
The Perks at Spredfast
- An incredible work environment – fun, casual, fast-paced environment with endless ping pong
- A #freesponsibility work culture that values #awesomeness and #teamswork
- Swank offices in the heart of downtown Austin
- Health, dental, vision, disability, and 401K benefits
- Flexible paid time off
- Fresh, healthy lunches catered four days a week
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
Spredfast is a social software company and platform, headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in New York City, London, Madison, Wisconsin, and Sydney, that seeks to connect every company in the world with the people that they care about the most. Spredfast’s “Smart Social” software enables companies to manage, integrate, and amplify social content across any digital touch point. With global reach, Spredfast customers have managed more than one billion social connections across 84 countries. Today, Spredfast helps more than fifty percent of Interbrand’s 2015 World’s Best Brands to create first-class social experiences.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Spredfast, Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Spredfast via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Spredfast. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Spredfast as a result of the referral or through other means.
Notice to Applicants:
We reserve the right to research relevant facts about you which are public on social media platforms or other sources over the Internet. We will retain such data only as long as reasonably needed.