Social Media Manager at BigCommerce
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
You will be responsible for creating, posting and analyzing organic social media content on BigCommerce’s Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok and Facebook channels. The preferable candidate balances strategy and creativity — we’re looking for someone who can implement outstanding organic social strategies while also being able to build engaging, educational and humorous content that improves our brand awareness and engagement on social channels.What You’ll Do
- Work with the [Senior Brand Manager OR Sr. Creative Director] to build and drive a strategic organic social media plan for Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok and Facebook
- Use current and forward-looking social media standard methodologies to build content that appeals to a wide range of BigCommerce audiences, including customers, prospects, employees, industry analysts, thought leaders, partners, etc.
- Develop short- and long-term content calendars for social media platforms
- Supervise real-time engagement opportunities to get BigCommerce into trending online conversations
- Work closely with the Design team on creative direction for video and image assets
- Collaborate across marketing, sales, support, DEI and recruiting departments to optimize social content
- Use Sprout Social, Google Analytics and Meltwater to supervise important metrics and find new opportunities
- Ensure BigCommerce brand standards are met across campaigns that use social media channels
- Provide employees with social media advocacy opportunities and monitor for employee social media policy breaches
- Lead social media crises in partnership with the PR and Community teams.
- Passionate social media expert with 4-5 years experience in social strategy and content creation
- You have worked for in-house brands or creative agencies, preferably in the B2B space
- A true social media fan who loves creating short videos, memes, and trending content
- Self-starter with the ability to balance multiple projects and creative ideas on tight deadlines
- Strong at social media analytics and reporting with an interest in using data to communicate insights and recommendations
- You are an outstanding communicator and presenter, comfortable interacting with a diverse group of collaborators, including senior execs, sales, marketing, designers, partners and clients
Portfolio examples required. Please include prior work samples that demonstrate your ability to drive awareness and build a brand using social media.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.